Gameday Preview: Storm Host Sioux City for Final Game of Regular Season
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm will conclude 2018-2019 regular season play on home ice tonight against the Sioux City Musketeers. Tonight's promotional night will include drink specials, fan giveaways, and a post-game autograph session. The Anderson Cup trophy will be on display for fan photos on the Viaero Center concourse and following the game the USHL will officially present the trophy to the team in a postgame presentation on the ice. 2018-2019 Anderson Cup Championship t shirts are also available for purchase at the Storm Store. Puck drop for tonight's game against the Sioux City Musketeers is scheduled for 7:05pm.
Tri-City (44-12-3-2) hits the ice tonight for the 62nd and final time in the regular season in search of its 45th win. Last night, the Storm dropped a 4-3 shootout decision to the Des Moines Buccaneers. Ronnie Attard, Mike Koster, Colby Ambrosio all scored goals in last night's loss for Tri-City. Last night, Ronnie Attard tied the USHL record for most goals by a defenseman in a single season with his 28th goal of the year. Earlier this season, Attard broke the Tier I record (2002-Present) by scoring his 20th goal in a 6-3 Storm road win over Waterloo on February 17th. Last night, Attard tied the USHL all time record (1979-Present) for the most goals scored by a defenseman in a single season. Mike Castellano set the record during the 1983-1984 season for the Austin Mavericks, and was in sole possession of the all-time record until it was tied last night by Storm Captain Ronnie Attard. Colby Ambrosio's 12th goal of the season in last night's game set a new team record for most goals scored in a single season by a Storm team. The 2003-2004 Anderson Cup Championship team scored 225 goals during their historic season. Last night, the 2018-2019 Anderson Cup Champion Tri-City Storm scored its 226th goal of the season to set a new organization record.
Sioux City (30-24-5-2) has secured the 6th and final playoff spot in the USHL's Western Conference standings and will travel to either Waterloo or Sioux Falls for its opening round series in the 2019 Clark Cup Playoffs. The Musketeers defeated the Storm last weekend at the Tyson Events Center by a final score of 4-2. Sioux City played its first game since that matchup last night in Sioux Falls and fell to the Sioux Falls Stampede by a fnal score of 2-1. Tonight's game is the final game of the regular season for the Musketeers.
Tonight's home games vs. Sioux City will be the final regular season game of the Storm's historic 2018-2019 Anderson Cup Championship season. There will be a 6pm press conference in the banquet hall on the upper level of the Viaero Center, and also a "Coaches Chalk Talk" for current season ticket holders, new season tickets holders, and anyone who has purchased a 2019 Clark Cup Playoff ticket package. The game will include fan giveaways, a post-game autograph session with Storm players, drink specials, a chance to win a trip for two to Las Vegas, and the team's annual "Jersey's Off Our Backs' promotion. Saturday's game will also include the presentation of the Anderson Cup Trophy to the Tri-City Storm from the USHL.
Today's game is set to begin at 7:05pm CT, and will be streamed live on HockeyTV, and Storm Radio. For home game tickets, and additional information on the Tri-City Storm, visit www.StormHockey.com or call 308-338-8144.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2019
- Storm Finalize Historic Regular Season with Emphatic Win over Sioux City - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Fall 3-2 in Overtime to Lancers to End Season - Lincoln Stars
- Musketeers Bring In Young Guns To Close Out Regular Season - Sioux City Musketeers
- Late Surge Secures Second - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Phantoms Wrap up Regular Season with 4-1 Victory - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Set to Face Sioux City in 1st Round of Clark Cup Playoffs - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Maccelli Ties Haula and Gaudreau, Dubuque Falls 6-2 to Waterloo - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Muskegon Avoids Serious Injury in 8-1 Loss to Chicago in Regular-Season Finale - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Stampede Blast Past Buccaneers in Regular Season Finale - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Steel Drop Lumberjacks 8-1, Clinch First Round Bye - Chicago Steel
- Central Illinois Falls to Cedar Rapids in Final Game of the Season - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Cedar Rapids RoughRiders Playoff Info Released - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Steel Clinch #2 Seed in Eastern Conference - Chicago Steel
- Tri-City Storm Sign Davis Burnside to Tender - USHL
- Storm Sign Forward Davis Burnside to Tender Agreement - Tri-City Storm
- Preview - Lancers at Stars - Lincoln Stars
- Gameday Preview: Storm Host Sioux City for Final Game of Regular Season - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Top Lancers in Omaha 4-2 - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.