Central Illinois Falls to Cedar Rapids in Final Game of the Season
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. - The Central Illinois Flying Aces fell, 3 to 0, to the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in the final game of the season.
Cedar Rapids scored first late in the first period. The RoughRiders broke out on a three-on-two play and Ethan Wolthers finished off the passing play with a quick goal on the backdoor.
The RoughRiders scored their second goal of the game in the later minutes of the second period. Liam Walsh got the puck in front of the crease and put it past the goaltender on his backhand.
The Flying Aces kept up sustained pressure in the second period, outshooting Cedar Rapids sixteen to eight in the second, but they were unable to crack the Cedar Rapids netminder.
Walsh scored his second of the night shorthanded on a breakaway where his momentum carried him and the puck over the goal line to take a three-goal lead early in the third.
Central Illinois continued to push in the third including a chance that rang off the post, but they were unable to find the back of the net.
Full video recap will be available tomorrow on our youtube page due to technical difficulties.
The Central Illinois Flying Aces finished the season with a record of 24-33-3-2 (W-L-OTL-SOL).
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2019
- Storm Finalize Historic Regular Season with Emphatic Win over Sioux City - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Fall 3-2 in Overtime to Lancers to End Season - Lincoln Stars
- Musketeers Bring In Young Guns To Close Out Regular Season - Sioux City Musketeers
- Late Surge Secures Second - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Phantoms Wrap up Regular Season with 4-1 Victory - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Set to Face Sioux City in 1st Round of Clark Cup Playoffs - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Maccelli Ties Haula and Gaudreau, Dubuque Falls 6-2 to Waterloo - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Muskegon Avoids Serious Injury in 8-1 Loss to Chicago in Regular-Season Finale - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Stampede Blast Past Buccaneers in Regular Season Finale - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Steel Drop Lumberjacks 8-1, Clinch First Round Bye - Chicago Steel
- Central Illinois Falls to Cedar Rapids in Final Game of the Season - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Cedar Rapids RoughRiders Playoff Info Released - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Steel Clinch #2 Seed in Eastern Conference - Chicago Steel
- Tri-City Storm Sign Davis Burnside to Tender - USHL
- Storm Sign Forward Davis Burnside to Tender Agreement - Tri-City Storm
- Preview - Lancers at Stars - Lincoln Stars
- Gameday Preview: Storm Host Sioux City for Final Game of Regular Season - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Top Lancers in Omaha 4-2 - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.