Game Preview: vs Wolves
Last Meeting: 109-112 on 3/4/23 in Sioux Falls
Live stream: BALY SPORTS APP, NBAGLEAGUE.COM
All-Time Record: 36-51
The Sioux Falls Skyforce returns home after a three-game road swing, with the latter being a loss in a 141-125 shootout to the Windy City Bulls on Wednesday night. A win tonight over Iowa would mark the first since the beginning of the 2021-22 season.
The Skyforce welcomes back reinforcements - Miami HEAT assignee Orlando Robinson and returner Jamaree Bouyea. Robinson makes his season debut with the Force after getting assigned on Thursday, while Bouyea returns after earning an NBA Call-Up to the Portland Trail Blazers.
Sioux Falls gave up a season-high 141 points on Wednesday in the team's first back-to-back of the year. Miami HEAT two-way player Jamal Cain led the team with 27 points on 9-18 FGA, nine rebounds and a G League career-high seven assists. Fellow two-way player Cole Swider chipped in 24 points on 6-14 3PA and four assists. Justin Champagnie rounded out top scorers with 20 points on 8-14 FGA and six rebounds, as the team shot 50.6 percent from the field and 40 percent from beyond the arc.
The team's attention turns to the Iowa Wolves, who are currently on a five-game losing streak. The team is led by DJ Carton, who is averaging 17.0 points on 51.7 percent shooting, 7.4 rebounds and 2.0 assists per 28.1 minutes a game. Iowa is expected to have Timberwolves assignee Wendell Moore Jr., as well, who has averaged 14.0 points on 31.2 percent shooting, 5.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists per 37.2 minutes a game.
Iowa was outscored by 15 points in the final 12 minutes of their last game against Motor City on Monday and lost 124-122 despite 36 points from Carton.
In both team's last match-up on 3/4/22, the Wolves edged the Force 112-109 behind 26 points from Craig Randall II and 20 points and 10 assists from Emmanuel Mudiay. Omer Yurtseven led Sioux Falls in the contest with 28 points and 17 rebounds, as Cain chipped in 19 points in the loss.
Both teams meet again on Sunday, with tip-off slated for 3:00 PM CST from the Sanford Pentagon. The Skyforce hits the road to face the Motor City Cruise on Tuesday.
BOUYEA IS BACK
- After earning multiple NBA G League honors, Jamaree Bouyea returns to the Skyforce after earning four NBA Call-Ups in the last 12 months (the most of any player in the past 12 months).
- Sioux Falls was 12-2 in the last 14 games he suited up for the team, and his play was a big part in pushing the team to a deep playoff run.
- Robinson is one of the most dominate big men to suit up for the Force in recent memory - as his seven-straight double doubles during the 2022 Showcase Cup was the longest streak for Sioux Falls in the G League era.
- His personal best game with Sioux Falls came on 12/10 against Motor City, as he netted 26 points and grabbed 21 rebounds, with a +26 +/-.
- After playing in more than 30 games for the HEAT, Robinson returned to the Skyforce to help the team go 6-0 down the stretch and solidify a playoff spot. He led the team in the Western Conference Finals with 18 points and 16 rebounds, while having 28+ poonts and 16+ rebounds in two-of-three playoff games.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 25, 2023
- Stockton Kings Fall to the Ontario Clippers, 126-76 - Stockton Kings
- Mexico City Sweeps Texas Trip - Texas Legends
- Ignite Defeated by South Bay Lakers, 134-100 - NBA G League Ignite
- Vipers Sweep Oklahoma City with 127-103 Victory - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Sioux Falls Holds off Iowa in 102-97 Win - Iowa Wolves
- South Bay Lakers Freeze out Ignite - South Bay Lakers
- Blue Coats Down Skyhawks, 106-94 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Second-Half Effort Leads the Go-Go Over the 905 - Raptors 905
- Game Preview: vs Wolves - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.