Game Preview: New England Revolution at Nashville SC
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution (7-5-7, 28 pts. - 5th in East.) are set to visit MLS expansion side Nashville SC (6-6-6, 24 pts. - 8th in East.) for the first time in club history on Friday night at Nissan Stadium. The match kicks off at 8:30 p.m. ET and will air on NBC Sports Boston, with Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies on the call. The contest will also air on 98.5 The Sports Hub, with Portuguese commentary available on WBIX 1260 AM Nossa Radio USA.
New England currently sits fifth in the Eastern Conference with four games remaining as the club continues its quest to clinch a postseason berth. With a win or draw in Nashville, the Revolution could potentially secure a playoff spot as early as Saturday pending other league results. Friday marks the second meeting of the season with 2020 MLS newcomers Nashville SC, as the two sides played to a 0-0 draw on Oct. 3 at Gillette Stadium. The Revs' hosts are among the league's hottest teams at home, with a 4-1-3 mark at Nissan Stadium. However, the Revolution attack is well-positioned to challenge Nashville's stingy defense, having both outshot opponents and held the possession advantage in six of the last seven games.
The Revolution enter Friday's match with six wins in 10 games away from home this season, tied for the most in club history and equal for the MLS lead with Toronto FC. New England has trailed for just 18 minutes collectively in 10 games away from Foxborough. Forward Teal Bunbury, who could make both his 200th MLS start and his 200th Revolution appearance, leads MLS with six away goals this year and has tallied in back-to-back away games. Midfielder Lee Nguyen is also one appearance away from 200 in a Revolution shirt. He and Bunbury would be the 10th and 11th players to reach the mark with the club.
Match #20: New England Revolution at Nashville SC
Date: Friday, Oct. 23, 2020
Kickoff: 8:30 p.m. ET
Location: Nashville Stadium (Nashville, Tenn.)
TV: NBC Sports Boston
Talent: Brad Feldman (play-by-play), Charlie Davies (analyst)
English Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub
Radio Pregame/Postgame Show: Rob "Hardy" Poole and Clyde Simms
Portuguese Radio: 1260 AM Nossa Radio USA
What to Watch for: Here are some top storylines ahead of Friday's match at Nashville SC. Click here to view the club's complete game notes.
- New England adding to its six wins away from home this season, tied for the most in MLS and the most in club history.
- The Revs combining to outshoot opponents and win the time-of-possession battle for the seventh time in eight games.
- Diego Fagundez (259) closing in on Shalrie Joseph's (261) club record for most regular season games played.
- Both Teal Bunbury and Lee Nguyen making their 200th Revolution appearances, becoming the 10th and 11th players to reach that mark. Bunbury's next start will be his 200th in MLS.
- Nguyen maintaining his position among the MLS leaders in chances created from set play (18), where he ranks fourth.
- Scott Caldwell playing 81 minutes to eclipse 15,000 for his regular-season career, all with New England.
- Henry Kessler continuing his campaign for MLS Rookie of the Year, having appeared in all but one game and all six of the team's clean sheets.
- Alex Büttner getting forward in the attack from his left back position, as he ranks among the top-three MLS defenders in assists (tied for 1st - 3) and chances created (3rd - 23).
- Matt Turner continuing to lead MLS in saves percentage and adding to his career-high six clean sheets.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 22, 2020
- Sporting Kansas City vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: October 24, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Travel to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tonight at CenturyLink Field - Portland Timbers
- Storylines: City vs. Inter Miami CF - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF to Host Orlando City SC on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Nashville SC - New England Revolution
- Sporting Kansas City vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: October 24, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Attack Clicks in Decisive Win over FC Dallas - Nashville SC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs Portland Timbers - October 22, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Homegrowns Cole Bassett, Sam Vines Leading the Way for Colorado - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Captain Jonathan Mensah to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Columbus Crew SC
- "Together We Rise": Columbus Crew SC Tickets for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Now on Sale - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Advance to Eastern Conference Final with 3-1 Win against Orlando City SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Orlando City SC
- Revolution Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinal with 2-0 Win against Philadelphia Union
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Advance in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 2-1 Win vs. Montreal Impact