Game Preview: Generals Face Arch-Rival Petes Under the Friday Night Lights at 7:35pm Tonight
The Generals face off against the Petes in a rivalry matchup. It is always a playoff atmosphere when the Petes come to town, this is sure to be a spirited bout.
The Petes have had a strong record in their past 10 games (7-2-0-1) and your Generals have been trending the other way (3-6-0-1). These rival teams have only met one time this season, the Petes won 2-1 in regulation.
Tonight's game is the Wawanesa Toy Drive in support of the United Way Durham Region.
We are asking fans to bring a new unwrapped toy to support. Toys can be brought to the Wawanesa table on the concourse behind Section 116. Fans that bring a new unwrapped toy will have the chance to win a trip to the CHL Memorial Cup presented by Kia.
Players to Watch; Oshawa Allan McShane - McShane has been rock solid this season. Consistency is not a problem for him. McShane has only been held off of the scoresheet for two consecutive games on one occasion. McShane is an elite playmaking forward who excels playing both centre and wing. When he plays centre, McShane is above average in the faceoff dot with a 56% success rate.
Daniel Walker - Walker is a big man with some serious attitude. In his past five games, Walker has two goals, three points, and two fights. Walker works hard and has his teammates' backs. His fight against Wolves forward Macauley Carson on national television was legendary. But Walker is no stiff when it comes to helping on the scoresheet. In his 17 games this season, the overage forward has seven points and is on pace to beat his career high of ten points.
Players to Watch; Peterborough Nick Robertson - Robertson picked up where he left off, coming back after missing ten games to injury. In his first three games back he has two goals and four points. In his 20 games this season, nine times he has fired at least five shots on opposing goalies. In three games he has put up more than ten shots. While he was didn't record a point in his first game against the Generals this season, he is a dangerous scoring threat. He is sixth in league goal scoring with 21 goals and is the only player in the league with over one goal per game.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Petes Best Gens in Hard Fought Friday Night Battle - Oshawa Generals
- Mississauga Prevails 4-2 - North Bay Battalion
- Fronts Double up on Colts with 6-3 Victory - Kingston Frontenacs
- Highlights: Last Minute Goal Propels Spirit over Firebirds in Front of Capacity Crowd in Flint Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Henry, Lockhart, Each Record Three Points, Erie Defeats Sudbury 7-4 - Erie Otters
- Frontenacs Beat Colts on the Road - Barrie Colts
- Spits Lose to Storm 6-3 - Windsor Spitfires
- Morrison Recors Hat-Trick, Young Scores 1 St In 9-6 Loss To Rangers - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Spirit Move into First Place with 5-4 Victory over Flint - Saginaw Spirit
- Washkurak Leads Fish over Battalion - Mississauga Steelheads
- Sedley's 1st Not Enough in 4-2 Loss to Greyhounds - Owen Sound Attack
- Rangers Offence Goes Wild in Eighth Straight Win - Kitchener Rangers
- 67's Game on Sunday Cancelled, Teddy Bear Toss Rescheduled - Ottawa 67's
- London Knights & Niagara IceDogs Fan Incident - London Knights
- Statement Regarding Fan Situation During December 12th Game - Niagara IceDogs
- OHL Announces Saturday, December 14 Game Between Petes and IceDogs Is Postponed - Peterborough Petes
- Niagara IceDogs Games this Weekend Postponed - Niagara IceDogs
- OHL Announces Postponed Niagara IceDogs Games on December 14 & 15 - OHL
- Ticketing Options Announced for Postponed Game vs London - Niagara IceDogs
- Preview: Spirit, Firebirds Begin Home-And-Home Set Tied for First Place in Division - Saginaw Spirit
- Game Preview: Windsor Spitfires at Guelph Storm - Guelph Storm
- Rangers' Ingham Stressing Importance of Donating Blood One Save at a Time - Kitchener Rangers
- Game Preview: Generals Face Arch-Rival Petes Under the Friday Night Lights at 7:35pm Tonight - Oshawa Generals
- 10 OHL Players Move Forward with Canada's National Junior Team - OHL
- Game against Niagara IceDogs Postponed - London Knights
- Spitfires Fall to Spirit 4-3 (OT) - Windsor Spitfires
- Oulahen a Winner in Debut - North Bay Battalion
- Drysdale Among 24 Players Named to Canada's National Junior Team - Erie Otters
- Petes Remain Undefeated against Bulldogs with Thursday Win - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Oshawa Generals Announce 8th Annual Bell Let's Talk Game Night
- Andree, 67s Beat Generals in a Well-Battled Contest
- Game Preview: New-Look Generals Ready to Take on Division Leading 67s
- OHL Announces Postponed Game Between Owen Sound and Oshawa
- Gens Strong Finish Not Enough to Best Sauga in Close Game