67's Game on Sunday Cancelled, Teddy Bear Toss Rescheduled
OTTAWA - The Ottawa 67's today announced that Sunday's Teddy Bear Toss game versus the Niagara IceDogs has been cancelled. The cancellation was precipitated by an horrific injury to IceDogs goalie Tucker Tynan suffered during their game last night against the London Knights. The IceDogs reported earlier today that Tynan is now stable and safe following surgery. The Ontario Hockey League has announced that Niagara will not play either of its scheduled games this weekend and both will be rescheduled for later in the season.
"We certainly wish Tucker a speedy recovery and our thoughts are with his friends, family and teammates," said Mark Goudie, President and CEO of the 67's parent company, Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group. "We understand the Teddy Bear Toss is an extremely popular game for our fans so we've reschedule it for Sunday January 5th when the 67's host the Erie Otters at 2:00PM. We know this will be an inconvenience for some and we sincerely apologize. We'll make sure the bears get delivered to kids who will love them early in the New Year."
Fans with tickets to Sunday's game will be able to exchange them for tomorrow's home game versus the Barrie Colts, the January 5th game against Erie or another game this season. All ticket holders will be contacted directly by the TD Place Box Office with more details. Fans that purchased advance parking for Sunday will be refunded.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Petes Best Gens in Hard Fought Friday Night Battle - Oshawa Generals
- Mississauga Prevails 4-2 - North Bay Battalion
- Fronts Double up on Colts with 6-3 Victory - Kingston Frontenacs
- Highlights: Last Minute Goal Propels Spirit over Firebirds in Front of Capacity Crowd in Flint Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Henry, Lockhart, Each Record Three Points, Erie Defeats Sudbury 7-4 - Erie Otters
- Frontenacs Beat Colts on the Road - Barrie Colts
- Spits Lose to Storm 6-3 - Windsor Spitfires
- Morrison Recors Hat-Trick, Young Scores 1 St In 9-6 Loss To Rangers - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Spirit Move into First Place with 5-4 Victory over Flint - Saginaw Spirit
- Washkurak Leads Fish over Battalion - Mississauga Steelheads
- Sedley's 1st Not Enough in 4-2 Loss to Greyhounds - Owen Sound Attack
- Rangers Offence Goes Wild in Eighth Straight Win - Kitchener Rangers
- 67's Game on Sunday Cancelled, Teddy Bear Toss Rescheduled - Ottawa 67's
- London Knights & Niagara IceDogs Fan Incident - London Knights
- Statement Regarding Fan Situation During December 12th Game - Niagara IceDogs
- OHL Announces Saturday, December 14 Game Between Petes and IceDogs Is Postponed - Peterborough Petes
- Niagara IceDogs Games this Weekend Postponed - Niagara IceDogs
- OHL Announces Postponed Niagara IceDogs Games on December 14 & 15 - OHL
- Ticketing Options Announced for Postponed Game vs London - Niagara IceDogs
- Preview: Spirit, Firebirds Begin Home-And-Home Set Tied for First Place in Division - Saginaw Spirit
- Game Preview: Windsor Spitfires at Guelph Storm - Guelph Storm
- Rangers' Ingham Stressing Importance of Donating Blood One Save at a Time - Kitchener Rangers
- Game Preview: Generals Face Arch-Rival Petes Under the Friday Night Lights at 7:35pm Tonight - Oshawa Generals
- 10 OHL Players Move Forward with Canada's National Junior Team - OHL
- Game against Niagara IceDogs Postponed - London Knights
- Spitfires Fall to Spirit 4-3 (OT) - Windsor Spitfires
- Oulahen a Winner in Debut - North Bay Battalion
- Drysdale Among 24 Players Named to Canada's National Junior Team - Erie Otters
- Petes Remain Undefeated against Bulldogs with Thursday Win - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.