Game Notes: Sounders FC at Chicago Fire - March 16, 2019
Following back-to-back home wins to open the 2019 campaign, Sounders FC hits the road for the first time this season to face the Chicago Fire on Saturday, March 16 at SeatGeek Stadium (10:00 a.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM). Brian Schmetzer's club began the season with a commanding 4-1 win over FC Cincinnati on March 2 and a 2-0 shutout victory over the Colorado Rapids on March 9.
Saturday's match is being broadcast locally on JOEtv and regionally on YouTube TV, featuring Keith Costigan and Steve Zakuani on the call, in addition to Pete Fewing providing pre-match, halftime and post-match coverage.
Sports Radio 950 KJR AM is carrying Saturday's contest, with Matt Johnson handling play-by-play and Fewing on color commentary, in addition to Jackson Felts, Wade Webber and James Riley providing pre-match, halftime and post-match coverage from the studio. Fans in Western Washington can tune-in to El Rey 1360 AM for a Spanish radio broadcast, featuring "Zuper" Mario Rodriguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia.
The Fire opened the season with a 2-1 road loss to the LA Galaxy before drawing Orlando City SC 1-1 last weekend at SeatGeek Stadium. Sounders FC is 7-2-4 all-time against Chicago, with the clubs most recently drawing 1-1 last season at CenturyLink Field.
Local TV: JOEtv
Regional TV: YouTube TV
Talent: Keith Costigan, Steve Zakuani and Pete Fewing
Local Radio: 950 KJR AM
Talent: Matt Johnson and Pete Fewing
Pre-Match, Halftime and Post-Match Talent: Jackson Felts, Wade Webber and James Riley
Local Radio (Spanish): El Rey 1360 AM
Talent: Mario Rodriguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia
Images from this story
Raul Ruidiaz is one of three Seattle Sounders FC players leading the team with two goals through two games this season
(Mike Fiechtner / Seattle Sounders FC)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 15, 2019
- ATL UTD 2 Falls 1-0 to Louisville City - Atlanta United FC
- Fans Can Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with the Dynamo & Tullamore D.E.W. Saturday - Houston Dynamo
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Impact Visits Orlando City SC Saturday Afternoon - Montreal Impact
- Minnesota United Announces Grand Opening of Black & Blue Team Store and Brew Hall at Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- Preview: Sporting Visits Colorado in St. Patrick's Day Clash - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts FC Dallas at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Toronto FC - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake FW Sam Johnson Called to Liberian National Team - Real Salt Lake
- Orlando City SC Loans Mason Stajduhar to USL's Tulsa Roughnecks - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Philadelphia Union - Atlanta United FC
- Mattocks, Powell Called up to Jamaica for International Matches - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas vs Columbus Crew SC - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Sends Defender Alex Crognale on Loan - Columbus Crew SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. LA Galaxy Game Preview - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC Announces Official Bar Partners for the 2019 Season - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Montreal - Orlando City SC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Chicago Fire - March 16, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Host Red Assembly Ahead of MLS Home Opener on Sunday Evening - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Visits D.C. United in First Trip to Audi Field - Real Salt Lake
- MNUFC Signs Midfielder Lawrence Olum - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting into Champions League Semis with 3-0 Win - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Drops First Match of 2019 Season in 4-1 Loss to Los Angeles FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Los Angeles FC - April 21, 2019
- Sounders FC to Open Full Stadium Capacity for Four Matches in 2019 MLS Regular Season
- Sounders FC Comes from Behind to Secure 3-2 Victory over Toronto FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Toronto FC - April 13, 2019