Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Stockton Heat, March 3rd
The Belleville Senators will take on the Stockton Heat for the first time this evening in Ottawa.
The Sens are 1-3-0-0 heading into tonight's home opener.
The Sens will have Filip Gustavsson back in goal tonight, backed up by Cedrick Andree.
Zach Magwood, Robert Calisti, Jack Kopacka, Ollie Alsing and Tye Austin are out for Belleville.
This will be the first time the two teams have played each other, as well as the first time the Sens have played at the Canadian Tire Centre. This is the first of six matchups between the two teams this season.
Who to Watch:
Mark Kastelic was a round 5 #125 overall pick by Ottawa Senators during the 2019 NHL Draft. Last season he accumulated 68 points (38 goals) in 58 games played with the Calgary Hitman of the WHL where he was Captain. Kastelic has played 3 games out of 4 so far this season, and scored his first professional goal against Laval Rocket on February 19th.
Colby Williams previously spent his four-year professional hockey career with the Washington Capitals' organization after being drafted by the Caps in the sixth round, 173rd overall at the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. He has suited up for 196 American Hockey League games with the Hershey Bears where he has recorded seven goals and 42 assists for a total of 49 points. In the most recent 2019-20 season, he played 31 games for Hershey, recording six assists during the shortened season. Tonight will be Williams 4th game with Belleville.
Logan Shaw split 2019-20 playing time with the Winnipeg Jets and the club's AHL affiliate, the Manitoba Moose. He recorded five points (two goals, three assists) over 35 contests with the Jets and seven points (four goals, three assists) and 10 penalty minutes over 16 games with the Moose. This will be his first outing as Captain, and his fifth for the Sens. So far this season he has accumulated 3 points with 2 goals.
Where to Watch:
Today's game starts at 7pm and can be seen LIVE on Belleville Senators AHLTV brought to you by CAA, as well as on TSN1200.
Don't forget to download the Belleville Senators app before game time, and follow the Sens social media for updates.
You asked, we answered. Our most popular basic hoodie is BACK and now available for PRE-ORDER. Grab yours before its gone again!
This lightweight and comfortable hoodie is available in Red and Black, fits true to size and is perfect for spring and summer. SHOP NOW
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2021
- Griffins Feast on 'Hogs, 9-4 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Fitzgerald Lifts Amerks to 4-2 Win over Comets - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Get the Best of Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Despite Two Shorthanded Goals, Bears Fall to Phantoms 4-3 - Hershey Bears
- Zary, Ruzicka Lead Stockton Past Belleville, 4-1 - Stockton Heat
- Comets Struck Down by Americans, 4-2 - Utica Comets
- Crunch Edge Penguins, 2-1, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Silver Knights Sign Goaltender Christopoulos - Henderson Silver Knights
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Stockton Heat, March 3rd - Belleville Senators
- Heat Start Road Trip Wednesday at Belleville - Stockton Heat
- All-Time Scorer Brandon Pirri and Two-Time IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Lucas Carlsson Assigned to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Game Preview: Condors Host San Jose at 6 p.m. Tonight on AHLTV - Bakersfield Condors
- San Diego Gulls and KFMB Partner to Televise Gulls Hockey Beginning March 27 - San Diego Gulls
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #8 Texas at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Open Four-Game Homestand Tonight vs. Griffins - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 12th
- Belleville Senators Add Curtis Douglas on An AHL Contract
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 10th
- Belleville Senators Add Curtis Douglas on An Amateur Tryout Agreement
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 8th