Fuel Fall Short in 3-1 Loss to Swamp Rabbits
GREENVILLE - In the second match of a best-of-five series between the Fuel and the Swamp Rabbits Terry Broadhurst's lone goal would not be enough to match Greenville as they take the game in a final 3-1 score.
Greenville opened up the scoring for the second consecutive game in the series when Garrett Thompson set up Liam Pecararo at the bottom of the right circle who squeaked it past Dan Bakala's shoulder less than a minute into the game. Terry Broadhurst put in a rebound from Matt Marcinew's shot at 12:30 that would send the teams to the locker room tied at 1.
Coming out early once again, Joey Haddad netted a rebound from a wrist angle shot by Shawn Cameron to give the Swamp Rabbits a 2-1 lead 1:20 into the second. The Fuel would see two power play chances throughout the second frame but nothing would amount from the man advantage as the Swamp Rabbits kept the one goal lead heading into the third.
Despite outshooting Greenville 6-5 in the third period Indy would not be able to tie the game and Frank DiChiara notched an empty netter with less than a minute to go in the game to make the final score 3-. Greenville leads the series 2-0.
The Fuel have clinched a spot in the 2021 Kelly Cup Playoffs! Single game tickets are now available for the first home game on June 8. Fuel season memberships are also available for the 2021-22 season, purchase your package by June 14th to receive complimentary parking for the entire 2021-22 regular season. Find details and pricing at IndyFuelHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 10, 2021
- Rabbits Take Commanding 2-0 Series Lead against Indy - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Fuel Fall Short in 3-1 Loss to Swamp Rabbits - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - June 10 - ECHL
- Introducing The Trois-Rivieres Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Florida's Hildebrand Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Year - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Hildebrand Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Year - ECHL
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs. Fuel, 7:05 PM - Eastern Conference Semifinals - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Takes Game 2 to Even Series vs. Fort Wayne - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Take 2-0 Series Lead - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.