Fresno Falcons Weekly
LAST WEEK: Fresno dropped a pair of pre-season games last week to Stockton. The Falcons open the 2006-2007 ECHL season on Friday, taking on the Las Vegas Wranglers.
Friday, October 13 vs. Stockton Thunder 4 FALCONS 3
Fresno held a 2-1 lead through 40 minutes, but Stockton tied the game on a 5-on-3 power-play goal 4:08 into the third period. Tomas Fojtik restored the Falcons' lead with a power-play goal at 7:10, but the Thunder added two more power-play goals midway through the period to pick up the victory.
Sunday, October 15 @ Stockton Thunder 3 FALCONS 0
Scott Stirling was sensational in net for the Falcons, making 56 saves on 59 Thunder shots, but the Falcons could not get anything past the Thunder goaltending combination of Devyn Dubynk and Cam Ellsworth as Stockton completed the two-game pre-season sweep.
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Friday, October 20 vs. Las Vegas 7:30 p.m.
The Falcons open defense of their 2005-06 Pacific Division Championship as they take on the Las Vegas Wranglers. Las Vegas joins the Pacific Division this season after playing in the West Division last year.
PROMOTIONS: Opening Weekend Extravaganza presented by Carl's Jr., KSEE 24, KISS Country, and Jack FM gets underway. The first 3,000 fans in attendance receive a free mini Pacific Division Championship Banner. Prior to the game, there will be live music from the Stone River Band, pre-game fireworks on the ice, and the 2005-06 Pacific Division Championship banner will be raised to the rafters. There will be face painters and a Kids Zone featuring the Falcons inflatable. The colors will be presented by members of the National Civil War Association, who partner with the Fresno County Historical Society each year to bring the largest Civil War reenactment and living history event in the United States to Fresno. During the first intermission, Darren and Sandee's wedding takes place at center ice. The night wraps up with post-game autographs from select Falcons' players.
Sunday, October 22 vs. Las Vegas 5:00 p.m.
Fresno and Las Vegas conclude their opening weekend series with a 5:00 p.m. face-off at Save Mart Center.
PROMOTIONS: Local artist Dora Mora of Art by Dora will be on hand to meet the fans and show kids how to draw. Dora has been commissioned to do a painting of Falcons' captain Matt O'Dette which will be given away on Ladies' Night on November 15. Be sure to bring your skates to the game to join Falcons' players on the ice for a post-game skating session.
FALCONS IN THE COMMUNITY
Wednesday, October 18 Join the Falcons' players and coaching staff for a Meet the Team at Fashion Fair Mall from 6:00 until 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 21
The Falcons will be participating in the Light the Night Walk for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society at Fresno State University at 7pm with registration starting at 4pm. For more information call the Central California Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at 559-435-1482. You can Walk with the Falcons, register to walk with Falcons fans on line at www.fresnofalcons.com.
Tickets for Falcons home games are available at the Save Mart Center Box Office (9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday) or charge by phone at (559) 485-TIXS. Tickets can also be purchased on-line at www.ticketmaster.com. Discounted group tickets for groups of 20 or more are available by calling the Falcons office at (559) 485-7825.
FALCONS ON THE AIR
All 72 Falcons' regular season games can be heard on Sporting News Radio 1550 and on-line at www.fresnofalcons.com with the Voice of the Falcons, Joe Babik. Each broadcast begins 15 minutes prior to face-off with the Port of Subs Pre-Game Show. In addition, all Falcons games are available to watch on a pay-per-view basis in conjunction with B2 Networks. The B2 Networks feed can be accessed through the Falcons' website at www.fresnofalcons.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 16, 2006
- RoadRunners Name Brad Chavis Athletic Trainer - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Weber Exchanged to Long Beach, Roster Cut to 22 - Stockton Thunder
- Bombers Make Roster Moves - Dayton Bombers
- Opening Weekend Friday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Walk With the Falcons in Light the Night - Fresno Falcons
- Salmon Kings continue to trim roster - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Condorstown amped for opening weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- ECHL Opens 19th Season On Friday - ECHL
- Titans shuffle roster as season opener approaches - Trenton Devils
- Meet and greet, season ticket pickup Thursday - Augusta Lynx
- Steelheads trim three, add All-Star - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Release 2006 Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- First Lynx Radio Hour tonight at Indigo Joe's - Augusta Lynx
- Rays Home Opener is This Saturday - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Trim Training Camp Roster - Atlanta Gladiators
- Pszenyczny Loaned To Toronto Marlies - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Coach's Show Resumes Tonight at Bobby Hartin's Sports Grill - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Rays Trim Roster to 20 - South Carolina Stingrays
- This Week In Cincinnati Cyclones Hockey - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Ice Pilots Radio Broadcasts begin this friday - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Storm Continue to Trim Roster - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.