Titans shuffle roster as season opener approaches
TRENTON, NJ (October 16, 2006) - The Trenton Titans announced on Monday that the Philadelphia Phantoms of the American Hockey League have recalled goaltender Scott Munroe and signed forward Peter Zingoni to a professional tryout agreement.
Munroe, 24, is in his first full professional season after joining the Phantoms last spring following his senior year at the University of Huntsville-Alabama. While with the Chargers, the Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan-native set career records at UAH for save percentage (.918), wins (49), games played (99) and minutes played (5556), while setting the school's single-season mark with 993 saves. Assigned to Trenton on October 9, Munroe did not appear in the Titans' exhibition games this past weekend.
Zingoni, 25, returned this summer for his second season with the Titans after being limited to 16 games last year due to injury. A third-year pro, Zingoni skated in 32 games in 2004-05 with the Essen Mosquitoes of the 2. Eishockey-Bundesliga in Germany where he notched 20 goals, nine assists and 109 penalty minutes. The 6'1", 180 lb native of Bridgeport, CT played four seasons (1999-2003) at Providence College totaling 81 points (34g, 47a) and 134 PIM in 127 games. A former eighth round draft pick of the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft, Zingoni has appeared in five games with the Syracuse Crunch (AHL) picking up four points (2g, 2a)
In separate transactions the Trenton Titans also released forwards Brian McConnell and Scott Selig and defenseman Jason Slusher.
The Trenton Titans open the 2006-07 season on Friday, October 20 at 7:30pm against the Reading Royals at the Sovereign Bank Arena. For tickets call a Titans Ticket Representative at (609) 599-9500.
TRENTON TITANS - The Buzz is Back!!! - Full and partial season tickets plans for the 2006-07 season are now available by calling a Titans Ticket Representative at (609) 599-9500.
The Trenton Titans are a member of the ECHL - North America's Premier "AA" Hockey League. The Trenton Titans are owned and operated by the National Hockey League's New Jersey Devils.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 16, 2006
- RoadRunners Name Brad Chavis Athletic Trainer - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Weber Exchanged to Long Beach, Roster Cut to 22 - Stockton Thunder
- Bombers Make Roster Moves - Dayton Bombers
- Opening Weekend Friday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Walk With the Falcons in Light the Night - Fresno Falcons
- Salmon Kings continue to trim roster - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Condorstown amped for opening weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- ECHL Opens 19th Season On Friday - ECHL
- Titans shuffle roster as season opener approaches - Trenton Devils
- Meet and greet, season ticket pickup Thursday - Augusta Lynx
- Steelheads trim three, add All-Star - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Release 2006 Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- First Lynx Radio Hour tonight at Indigo Joe's - Augusta Lynx
- Rays Home Opener is This Saturday - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Trim Training Camp Roster - Atlanta Gladiators
- Pszenyczny Loaned To Toronto Marlies - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Coach's Show Resumes Tonight at Bobby Hartin's Sports Grill - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Rays Trim Roster to 20 - South Carolina Stingrays
- This Week In Cincinnati Cyclones Hockey - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Ice Pilots Radio Broadcasts begin this friday - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Storm Continue to Trim Roster - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.