Franco Escobar to Miss 6-8 Weeks
ATLANTA (Jan. 16, 2019) - Atlanta United announced today defender Franco Escobar will miss approximately six-to-eight weeks after suffering a fractured right clavicle. Escobar was injured during training on Tuesday.
ABOUT ATLANTA UNITED
Atlanta United joined Major League Soccer in 2017 and won the 2018 MLS Cup in just its second season of existence, the earliest an expansion team has won the title since 1998. During its inaugural season, Atlanta also became just the fourth team in league history to qualify for MLS Cup Playoffs in its first year. The club has set multiple league records including season tickets sales (36,000-plus), single-game attendance (72,243), single-season average (53,002) and total home attendance (901,033). Owned by one of the city's most influential businessmen and philanthropists, Arthur M. Blank, and led by club President Darren Eales, Atlanta United plays its home matches at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. For more information about Atlanta United, including how to purchase season tickets, visit: www.atlutd.com, and follow @ATLUTD.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 16, 2019
- Real Salt Lake Hires Rob Zarkos as Executive VP of Soccer Operations - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Name Juan Jose Romero Goalkeeper Coach - LA Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Begin Preseason Training Next Week - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Midfielder Servando Carrasco - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Signs Defenders Danilo Silva and Dejan Jakovic to New Contracts - Los Angeles FC
- Revolution Acquire $100,000 in General Allocation Money from Portland Timbers - New England Revolution
- Timbers Acquire MLS Rights to Defender Claude Dielna from New England Revolution - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City SC Signs Brazilian Right Back Ruan - Orlando City SC
- Toronto FC Sign Hamilton and Endoh - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United and Josef Martinez Agree to Five-Year Extension Through 2023 - Atlanta United FC
- Franco Escobar to Miss 6-8 Weeks - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.