LA Galaxy Re-Sign Midfielder Servando Carrasco
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy have re-signed midfielder Servando Carrasco, the club announced today. Carrasco, 30, has recorded 19 appearances for the LA Galaxy since signing with the club ahead of the 2018 MLS season.
"We are pleased to come to terms with Servando on a new contract," said LA Galaxy Manager Dennis te Kloese. "His extensive MLS experience and knowledge of our team and organization will add a good layer of depth to our roster."
Carrasco signed with the LA Galaxy in January ahead of the team's 2018 MLS season. In his first season in Los Angeles, he recorded 19 appearances, 10 starts and two assists, with his first assist against LAFC on March 31.
A product of San Diego, Carrasco was originally selected by Seattle Sounders FC in the 2011 MLS SuperDraft after playing four years of collegiate soccer at the University of California-Berkeley. He has also played for Houston Dynamo, Sporting Kansas City and Orlando City SC. In all, the midfielder has made 145 appearances in MLS with 87 starts, scoring twice and adding seven assists.
Carrasco and the LA Galaxy will kick off the 2019 MLS season when the Galaxy host Chicago Fire for the 2019 Home Opener on Saturday, March 2 at 5 p.m. PT. Tickets to that match are on sale now, available here.
The LA Galaxy will kick off the 2019 MLS preseason in February, hosting three MLS sides during three consecutive Saturdays in February 2019. The Galaxy will begin first against Toronto FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Feb. 9, followed by Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Feb. 16 at Orange County Great Park and finishing with the Colorado Rapids on Feb. 23 at Dignity Health Sports Park.
Transaction: LA Galaxy re-sign midfielder Servando Carrasco
Name: Servando Carrasco
Weight: 165 lbs.
Born: August 13, 1988
Last Club: Orlando City SC
Birthplace: San Diego, California
Nationality: United States
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2019 Major League Soccer season are now available. Galaxy fans can go to www.lagalaxy.com/since96 to secure their 2019 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to secure Season Ticket Memberships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 16, 2019
- Real Salt Lake Hires Rob Zarkos as Executive VP of Soccer Operations - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Name Juan Jose Romero Goalkeeper Coach - LA Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Begin Preseason Training Next Week - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Midfielder Servando Carrasco - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Signs Defenders Danilo Silva and Dejan Jakovic to New Contracts - Los Angeles FC
- Revolution Acquire $100,000 in General Allocation Money from Portland Timbers - New England Revolution
- Timbers Acquire MLS Rights to Defender Claude Dielna from New England Revolution - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City SC Signs Brazilian Right Back Ruan - Orlando City SC
- Toronto FC Sign Hamilton and Endoh - Toronto FC
- Atlanta United and Josef Martinez Agree to Five-Year Extension Through 2023 - Atlanta United FC
- Franco Escobar to Miss 6-8 Weeks - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, Minnesota United FC 0 - Wednesday, April 24, 2019
- Dignity Health Sports Park to Host 5th Annual Campeon De Campeones and SuperCopa MX Doubleheader on July 14
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 1 - Friday, April 19, 2019
- LA Galaxy Announce 2019 LA Galaxy Special Olympics Unified Roster
- LA Galaxy to Host Golf Tournament on June 10 to Benefit LA Galaxy Foundation