Four Manatees Selected to 2015 FSL All-Star Game
Viera, Fla. - The Florida State League announced on Monday that outfielders Clint Coulter and Victor Roache, second baseman Chris McFarland and starting pitcher Jorge Ortega were selected from the Brevard County Manatees to represent the North Division in the 2015 Florida State League All-Star Game at Tradition Field in St. Lucie on June 20.
Coulter is hitting .254 on the season. He is tied for the league-lead with nine home runs and has recorded 31 RBI. Coulter is fourth in the league in slugging percentage (.455) and leads the FSL with 22 extra-base hits. His 95 total bases ranks second in the league. Coulter was drafted by the Brewers in the first round of the 2012 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft out of Union High School (Camas, Wash.).
Roache is batting .269 on the year. He is tied with Coulter and Daytona's Phillip Ervin for the FSL lead in home runs with nine. Roache is tied for third in the league with 33 RBI and is tied for first in slugging percentage (.462). Roache's 21 extra-base hits rank him second in the FSL, behind only Coulter. He leads the league with 98 total bases. Roache is the only Manatee to log a multi-home run game this season. He hit two homers on May 14 in Bradenton. Roache was selected by the Brewers in the first round of the 2012 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft out of Georgia Southern University.
McFarland leads the Manatees with a .282 batting average and ranks third in the league with 64 hits. His 13 doubles is tied for fifth-best in the FSL. McFarland has played in all 55 Brevard County games this season and has 10 stolen bases. He recorded an 11-game hitting streak between May 4 and May 16. McFarland was drafted by Milwaukee in the 18th round of the 2011 First-Year Player Draft out of Lufkin High School (Lufkin, TX).
Ortega has the ninth lowest ERA in the FSL at 2.03 (14 ER/62.0 IP). He leads the league with three complete games and ranks third in WHIP (0.89). Ortega has walked just five men in 2015. He ranks second in the FSL in lowest BB/9 IP ratio (0.73) and fewest baserunners/9 IP ratio (8.13). In his last start, Ortega threw a nine-inning complete game against Charlotte. He surrendered just one run on seven hits and did not walk a batter in a 3-1 Brevard County victory. Ortega was signed by the Brewers as a non-drafted free agent out of Venezuela in 2011.
For more information on the Brevard County Manatees, call (321) 633-9200 or go online to ManateesBaseball.com. Also, don't forget to like the Manatees on Facebook and follow the Manatees both on Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 8, 2015
- Whitehead Leads Way in 6-0 Win - Clearwater Threshers
- Nova Looks Strong for Tampa in 3-2 Loss to Jupiter - Tampa Yankees
- Smith, Sabol Blast Homers as Mets Beat Tortugas 6-4 - St. Lucie Mets
- Manatees Overpower Cardinals - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Threshers Breeze past Bradenton 6-0 - Bradenton Marauders
- Gonsalves Wins Debut, Miracle Pick up 5-3 Victory - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Clearwater Threshers Place Four on FSL All-Star Team - Clearwater Threshers
- Tony Oliva Visits Hammond Stadium on Saturday, June 13 - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Lyman Named Pitcher of the Month - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Marauders Home Stand Promotions Preview June 10-12 - Bradenton Marauders
- Four Tortugas Named to 2015 All-Star Team - Daytona Tortugas
- 2015 Florida State League Names All-Stars - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Four Daytona Tortugas Named to 2015 Mid-Season All-Star Team - Daytona Tortugas
- Stone Crabs Receive Six All-Star Selections - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Four Manatees Selected to 2015 FSL All-Star Game - Brevard County Manatees
- Eight Tampa Yankees Selected for 2015 FSL All-Star Team - Tampa Yankees
- Four Flying Tigers Selected to FSL All-Star Game June 20 in St. Lucie - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Five Marauders Named Florida State League Mid-Season All-Stars - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.