Forward Brandon Saigeon Inks AHL Deal with Colorado
WINDSOR, CO - The Colorado Eagles, proud affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, have announced that the team has signed forward Brandon Saigeon to an AHL contract for the 2019-20 season. Saigeon recently finished a five-year career at the major-junior level with the Hamilton Bulldogs, Belleville Bulls and Oshawa Generals of the OHL. During that time the 21 year-old netted 105 goals and 146 assists in 304 games, including 37 goals and 55 assists in 68 games during his final season.
A fifth-round pick of the Colorado Avalanche in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, Saigeon helped lead the Bulldogs to an OHL championship in the 2017-18 season and produced three seasons with at least 20 goals and two years with 30 or more goals. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound center was selected #4 overall by Belleville in the 2014 OHL Priority Draft. He has also appeared in the Colorado Avalanche's development camp in both 2018 and 2019.
The 2019-20 season begins when the Eagles host the Stockton Heat on Friday, October 4th at the Budweiser Events Center. Tickets for all regular season contests will go on sale to the general public on Friday, September 20th at 10am. Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are available now and can be reserved with a deposit of just $100 per seat by calling (970) 686-SHOT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 17, 2019
- Red Wings Re-Sign Joe Hicketts for Two Years - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Dominik Masin to One-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Sign Forward Nikita Korostelev to One-Year AHL Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Condors Sign Anthony Peluso and Vincent Desharnais - Bakersfield Condors
- Texas Stars Sign Defenseman Tanner Jago and Center Anthony Nellis - Texas Stars
- Panthers Agree to Terms with Hawryluk, Hunt, Schemitsch on One-Year, Two-Way Contracts - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Forward Brandon Saigeon Inks AHL Deal with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Devils Sign Forward Chris Conner to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Colorado Eagles Add Toughness, Scoring with O'Brien
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient
- Eagles Re-Sign Wegwerth to AHL Two-Way Contract
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke
- Eagles Ink Pair of Defensemen in Abt, Scheid