Fort Wayne & Bowling Green Suspended in 4th Inning
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. - Michael Curry, in his TinCaps debut, hit a three-run homer in the top of the fourth inning against the Hot Rods on Saturday night at Bowling Green Ballpark, but that was the final swing of the night. Fort Wayne and Bowling Green were suspended by rain after Curry crossed home.
Saturday night's suspended game will be resumed with two outs in the top of the fourth inning on Sunday afternoon at 1:30. The 'Caps and Hot Rods will finish their game that's scheduled to go nine innings. Following the end of the game, there will be a 30-minute intermission, and then the teams will be set to play a seven-inning game for the series finale.
Curry's home run came on the seventh pitch of his at-bat against Hot Rods (4-5) right-handed starter Caleb Sampen, a Brownsburg, Ind., native. Curry, a University of Georgia alum who joined the team from Extended Spring Training on Thursday, drove in catcher Blake Hunt, who had singled, and third baseman Luis Almanzar, who drew a 10-pitch, two-out walk.
TinCaps (6-3) starter Gabe Mosser was through three scoreless innings by the time the rainy conditions made the game unplayable.
Note that Sunday's originally scheduled game was to begin at 3:05 p.m., but the schedule has been altered as a result of the suspended game.
Sunday, April 14 @ Bowling Green (1:30 p.m.)
Game 1: Continuation of Saturday night's suspended game
Game 2: 30 Minutes Following the Conclusion of "Game 1"
- TinCaps Probable Starter: LHP Ramon Perez
- Hot Rods Probable Starter: LHP Shane McClanahan
Listen: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM | TinCapsRadio.com | TuneIn
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 13, 2019
- McCarthy Fans Nine, Five-Run Fourth Drives Captains - Lake County Captains
- Fort Wayne & Bowling Green Suspended in 4th Inning - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Captains Top Dragons 6-2, Even Series - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers concede late lead, lose in extras - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods and TinCaps Game Suspended in 4th Inning - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Scott Breaks Out in Extra Inning Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Cedar Rapids Wins Pitchers' Duel Saturday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wisconsin Bats Stay Cold in 6-1 Loss to River Bandits - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bandits Beat Wisconsin 6-1 for Fifth Straight Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whitecaps Help Loons Walk to Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Whitewash Lugnuts 6-0 to Even Series - South Bend Cubs
- Walk this Way - Great Lakes Loons
- Chiefs Split Saturday Double Header - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars Split Doubleheader, Win Series - Kane County Cougars
- Thompson, Cubs Blank Lugnuts, 6-0 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 13 at Bowling Green (Game 10) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cedar Rapids Downs Bees 8-3 - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers outslugged by Clinton in wild affair - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne TinCaps Stories
- Minor League Baseball President Pat O'Conner Visits Parkview Field During Midwest League Fall Meetings
- TinCaps to Enhance Parkview Field Experience in 2020
- Former Fort Wayne Players in 2019 MLB Postseason
- 57 Former Fort Wayne Players in Major Leagues in 2019
- Fort Wayne Nominated for Minor League Baseball's Patriot Award