Hot Rods and TinCaps Game Suspended in 4th Inning
Bowling Green, KY - Saturday night's contest between the Bowling Green Hot Rods and Fort Wayne TinCaps was suspended with two outs in the top of the fourth with the TinCaps leading 3-0. The contest will resume at 12:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon at Bowling Green Ballpark to complete the nine-inning contest. Sunday's regularly-scheduled game will begin 30 minutes after the conclusion of the suspended game and will be seven innings.
Caleb Sampen struck out two in a perfect first inning and Michael Smith led off with a single. He advanced to third as Ford Proctor reached on an error, but Kaleo Johnson rolled into a 6-4-3 double play to end the inning.
The game remained scoreless into the fourth inning as Sampen and Fort Wayne starter Gabe Mosser kept both offenses in check, despite the presence of rain that began falling in the second inning.
In the top of the fourth, Sampen allowed a one-out single to Blake Hunt, then with two outs lost a ten-pitch battle to Luis Almanzar and issued a walk that extended the inning. Michael Curry worked a full count, before depositing a pitch off the scoreboard in right field for a three-run home run that put the TinCaps up 3-0.
Immediately after Curry's long ball, the rain intensified and the game went into a rain delay at 7:29 p.m. The game was subsequently suspended following a delay of approximately 55 minutes.
Notes: Tonight marks the second rainout of the season for Bowling Green (Along with April 8 at Lake County) and the first at Bowling Green Ballpark since May 21, 2018... Tonight's game will resume at 12:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon at Bowling Green Ballpark, followed by a seven-inning game beginning 30 minutes after the conclusion of the suspended game...Gates will open at 12:00 p.m....LHP Shane McClanahan is scheduled to get the ball for Bowling Green against TinCaps LHP Ramon Perez in the second game tomorrow...It's another Signature Sunday, featuring postgame autographs on the field after the game as well as a Wander Franco jumbo baseball card giveaway...Fans can catch all the action with Shawn Murnin on Willie 107.9 FM, as well as, with their smart phones via the MiLB First Pitch app and TuneIn Radio app.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 13, 2019
- McCarthy Fans Nine, Five-Run Fourth Drives Captains - Lake County Captains
- Fort Wayne & Bowling Green Suspended in 4th Inning - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Captains Top Dragons 6-2, Even Series - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers concede late lead, lose in extras - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods and TinCaps Game Suspended in 4th Inning - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Scott Breaks Out in Extra Inning Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Cedar Rapids Wins Pitchers' Duel Saturday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wisconsin Bats Stay Cold in 6-1 Loss to River Bandits - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bandits Beat Wisconsin 6-1 for Fifth Straight Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whitecaps Help Loons Walk to Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Whitewash Lugnuts 6-0 to Even Series - South Bend Cubs
- Walk this Way - Great Lakes Loons
- Chiefs Split Saturday Double Header - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars Split Doubleheader, Win Series - Kane County Cougars
- Thompson, Cubs Blank Lugnuts, 6-0 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 13 at Bowling Green (Game 10) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cedar Rapids Downs Bees 8-3 - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers outslugged by Clinton in wild affair - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bowling Green Hot Rods Stories
- Hot Rods Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
- Hot Rods and Legends Announce 2020 Exhibition in Lexington, KY
- Hot Rods Announce Second-Annual Charity Dinner and Silent Auction
- Hot Rods to Join Copa de la Diversion as Bolidos
- Hot Rods Will Host 2020 Midwest League All-Star Game at Bowling Green Ballpark