Force Fall But Clinch a 2021 Playoff Spot
The Force got off to a blazing start in period one with a breakaway goal from Jake Braccini at 1:52 in the first. A pass between two Musketeers in their offensive zone was misplayed and went sliding down center ice. Braccini beat his man to the puck and sent one in 5-hole past Sioux City netminder Akira Schmid. The remainder of the period was a back-and-forth battle with both teams giving up very few opportunities. The period closed with a 1-0 Force lead, and the two teams tied at six goals apiece.
Sioux City kicked off the scoring in period two thanks to a puck being deflected in by Musketeer forward Justin Hryckowian at 6:42. 32 seconds later the Force sent home a goal of their own. Mason Salquist sent over a beautiful spinning pass to Casey McDonald who ripped it over the glove side shoulder of Schmid, once again giving Fargo a one-point lead. With just under 8 minutes left to play in the second tempers started to flare and a multitude of penalties were distributed. This led to a power play goal for Sioux City, evening up the score at 2-2 to close the period.
Sioux City dominated the third frame scoring three unanswered goals in the final 20 minutes. The teams are back for a rematch tomorrow night at 7:05 PM, after last night's games around the league both Fargo and Sioux City have clinched a playoff spot, tomorrow night's contest will determine their seeds in the battle for the Clark Cup.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 24, 2021
- Lincoln Ends Season with 3-2 Win in Sioux Falls - Lincoln Stars
- Steel to Face Dubuque in Eastern Conference Semifinals - Chicago Steel
- Doan Scores Four Goals As Steel Top Muskegon - Chicago Steel
- Ten Years Straight: Fighting Saints Earn Playoff Spot as Parik Shuts out Gamblers - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stampede End 2020-21 Season with Loss - Sioux Falls Stampede
- A Flourish for the Finish - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Complete Regular Season, Look Ahead to Clark Cup Playoffs - Tri-City Storm
- 2021 Clark Cup Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Tri-City Storm
- Storm Hit the Road for Final Game of Regular Season - Tri-City Storm
- Force Fall But Clinch a 2021 Playoff Spot - Fargo Force
- Stars Finish Home Slate with 3-1 Win over Stampede - Lincoln Stars
- Big Second Period Lifts USA Past Phantoms 7-4 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Hawks Upend Buccaneers Friday - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.