Storm Complete Regular Season, Look Ahead to Clark Cup Playoffs
Ralston, NE. - The Tri-City Storm completed play in the 2020-2021 regular season with a 4-0 shutout loss Saturday night against the Omaha Lancers. Tri-City now looks ahead to the opening game of the Western Conference Semifinal round of the 2021 Clark Cup Playoffs. The Tri-City Storm will host the Fargo Force at the Viaero Center on Friday, April 30th to begin postseason play. Tickets are available online at www.StormHockey.com and can also be purchased by calling the Viaero Center Box Office at 308-338-8144. Puck drop for Game #1 of the 2021 Western Conference Semifinal at the Viaero Center is scheduled for 7:05pm.
No goals were scored in Saturday's 1st period and the game entered the 2nd period in a scoreless tie. Omaha outshot Tri-City 7-4 in the 1st period. Michael Posma netted the only goal of the 2nd period to give Omaha a 1-0 lead in the game. The Storm outshot the Lancers 7-5 in the 2nd period but trailed by one goal entering the 3rd period.
Nolan Renwick gave Omaha a two-goal advantage at 1:53 of the 3rd period. The goal was his twenty-second of the season. Zach Dubinsky scored his fourteenth goal of the year at 3:57 of the 3rd period to increase Omaha's lead to three goals. Kyle Bettens netted the final goal of the game with under one minute to play to give Omaha a 4-0 home shutout victory over the Storm.
Jakub Dobes made nineteen saves on nineteen shots to record the shutout in net for the Lancers. Chase Clark recorded the loss in goal for the Storm after making thirteen saves on seventeen shots. Tri-City finished the 2020-2021 regular season with a final record of 30-18-3-1.
The Playoff Ticket Package is on sale now through April 30th and includes a ticket to every Storm home game throughout the 2021 Clark Cup Playoffs (Minimum of two games). Prices are $60 for Glass, $40 for Adults, and $20 for Kids. A $5 flash sale is now underway and will run until Sunday at 11:59pm. The sale is only available online and includes discounted tickets for Western Conference Semifinal Game #1 on Friday and Western Conference Semifinal Game #2 on Saturday. Season Ticket Holders will receive complimentary tickets to every home game in the playoffs.
Tri-City returns to action on Friday, April 30th in Game #1 of the Western Conference Semifinal round of the 2021 Clark Cup Playoffs. The game will be played at home at the Viaero Center. To purchase tickets to playoff games at the Viaero Center, visit www.StormHockey.com or call the Box Office at 308-338-8144. #StormAhead
Images from this story
Tri-City Storm complete the regular season
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 24, 2021
- Lincoln Ends Season with 3-2 Win in Sioux Falls - Lincoln Stars
- Steel to Face Dubuque in Eastern Conference Semifinals - Chicago Steel
- Doan Scores Four Goals As Steel Top Muskegon - Chicago Steel
- Ten Years Straight: Fighting Saints Earn Playoff Spot as Parik Shuts out Gamblers - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stampede End 2020-21 Season with Loss - Sioux Falls Stampede
- A Flourish for the Finish - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Complete Regular Season, Look Ahead to Clark Cup Playoffs - Tri-City Storm
- 2021 Clark Cup Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Tri-City Storm
- Storm Hit the Road for Final Game of Regular Season - Tri-City Storm
- Force Fall But Clinch a 2021 Playoff Spot - Fargo Force
- Stars Finish Home Slate with 3-1 Win over Stampede - Lincoln Stars
- Big Second Period Lifts USA Past Phantoms 7-4 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Hawks Upend Buccaneers Friday - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.