Five Players Commit to Wolves
(Greater Sudbury, ON) The Sudbury Wolves are pleased to announce that five players have committed to the hockey club. Ryan Smith, Giordano Biondi, Andre Anania, Nick DeGrazia and Nathan Ribau all committed to the club following the end of training camp Friday afternoon.
Ryan Smith was selected by the Wolves in the 11th round of the 2018 OHL Priority selection. The Bala, ON native played last season for the French River Rapids where he picked up 13 goals and 23 assists in 56 games. The 17-year-old left shot centreman played his minor midget season with the North Central Predators.
Sudbury native, Giordano Biondi, was selected by the Wolves in the 14th round of the 2018 OHL Priority Selection and played last season for the Rayside-Balfour Canadians of the NOJHL where he scored 15 goals and added 17 assists for 32 points in 47 games.
Andre Anania was selected by the Wolves in the 4th round, 71st overall in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection. The left defenceman from Richmond Hill played last season for the Toronto Red Wings Minor Midget. In 65 games, the 16-year-old scored 6 goals and added 33 assists for 39 points.
Nick DeGrazia was the Wolves 1st round selection in the U18 Draft this past spring, 14th overall. In 38 games with the Thunder Bay Kings Midget AAA, the 6'0, 163lbs forward scored 28 goals and added 16 assists. DeGrazia was also named the 2018-19 Telus Cup Most Sportsmanlike Player.
Nathan Ribau was selected by the Wolves in the 4th round, 78th overall, of the 2018 OHL Priority Selection. The 6'1", 174 lbs. defenceman was a member of the OJHL champion Oakville Blades and played in both the Dudley Hewitt Cup and RBC Cup.
30 players will remain with the team through pre-season action with their first taste of action getting underway tomorrow at 7:05pm when the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds come to town. Saturday's game is sponsored by KiSS 105.3.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Knights Start Preseason with a Win - London Knights
- Storm Shutout by Steelheads 4-0 in Pre-Season Opener - Guelph Storm
- Rangers' Rally Beats Battalion - North Bay Battalion
- IceDogs Fall to Colts - Niagara IceDogs
- Greyhounds Trim Roster Following Luke Williams Memorial - Soo Greyhounds
- Anthony Agostinelli Commits to the IceDogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Frontenacs Have Strong Showing in 5-4 Shootout Loss to Generals - Kingston Frontenacs
- A Promising Start in Orangeville - Mississauga Steelheads
- Colts Win Pre-Season Opener - Barrie Colts
- Attack Set Roster for 2019 Preseason - Owen Sound Attack
- Rangers Score Four Unanswered Goals To Beat North Bay 6-5 - Kitchener Rangers
- Otters Receive Commitments from Bressette, Kyrou, and Morton - Erie Otters
- Wolves Trim Roster to 30 - Sudbury Wolves
- Five Players Commit to Wolves - Sudbury Wolves
- Spirit Drop Preseason Opener to Peterborough - Saginaw Spirit
- Spirit Receive Commitments from Bulovs, Mancini - Saginaw Spirit
- CIBC Wood Gundy Peterborough Partners with Petes to Present 2019 Pre-Season - Peterborough Petes
- Ryan Campbell Commits to the Niagara IceDogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Niagara IceDogs Complete Trade with Kitchener Rangers - Niagara IceDogs
- Bulldogs Sign Matteo Drobac to Standard Players Agreement - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers and IceDogs Complete Trade - Kitchener Rangers
- Storm Sign Free Agent Colin Campbell - Guelph Storm
- Spirit Season Tickets Available for Pick Up - Saginaw Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sudbury Wolves Stories
- SWSE Opens Store in New Sudbury Centre
- Statement from Dario Zulich on Ontario Superior Court Ruling
- Wolves Announce Donation from Health Sciences North Foundation Game
- Wolves & OHL Announce Initial Return to Play Plan Details
- Wolves Select Forwards in CHL Import Draft