Otters Receive Commitments from Bressette, Kyrou, and Morton
Erie, Pennsylvania - Erie Otters Hockey Club General Manager Dave Brown announced today that a trio of prospects, forward Brett Bressette, and defensemen Christian Kyrou and Cameron Morton, have committed to the team and completed Ontario Hockey League Standard Player Agreements.
"It's an exciting day for us to welcome three more families to our organization," announced General Manager Dave Brown. "We're elated to have the Bressettes, Kyrous, and Mortons join the Erie Otters family and look forward to watching Brett, Christian and Cameron develop into everyday OHL players."
Brett Bressette, a 5'8", 155-pound forward, was selected by Erie 65th overall in the fourth round of the 2019 OHL Priority Selection. The Midland, Ontario native posted ten points (6G-4A) in ten games with the North Central Predators last season before suffering season ending injuries. The 16-year-old returned to his squad's lineup in time for the OHL Cup this past March where he notched a goal and two assists in five games after missing over five months of time with injury. Bressette will wear number 89 with the Erie Otters.
"We're thrilled with Brett's continued progress and determination since returning from his injury," GM Dave Brown said. "He has shown great improvement and we look forward to his continued growth and development."
Christian Kyrou was selected by the Otters 84th overall in the fifth round of the 2019 OHL Priority Selection. The 5'9", 165-pound defenseman suited up in 32 games for the Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs in 2018-19 where he posted 22 points (5G-17A) and finished fourth on his team in scoring. The 15-year-old is the younger brother of Sarnia Sting alum Jordan Kyrou, who was a second-round pick of the NHL's St. Louis Blues in 2016. Kyrou, a Komoka, Ontario native, will wear number 15 with the Erie Otters.
"Christian has continued to impress the staff with his hockey intelligence and skill level," Dave Brown commented. "We're excited to have him joining the organization and to watch his continued development."
Cameron Morton, a 6'1", 192-pound defenseman, was selected by the Otters 124th overall in the seventh round of the 2018 OHL Priority Selection. The Kingston, Ontario native spent the 2018-19 season with Greater Kingston Jr. Frontenacs where he posted 24 points (5G-19A) in 30 games played. The 17-year-old blueliner captained his team to an OMHA championship and was named Top Defenseman at the Ontario Hockey Federation Midget AAA Championships. Morton will wear number 53 with the Erie Otters.
"Cameron has made a conscious effort to do whatever was needed over the last 15 months to earn this opportunity," Dave Brown mentioned. "Last season he was an intricate component of a championship team and we are thrilled to add his leadership, determination, and relentless passion to achieve goals to our room."
The Otters will kick off their preseason schedule with two exhibition games over Labor Day weekend at the Erie Insurance Arena. The team will host the Hamilton Bulldogs over the weekend starting Saturday, August 31st at 7 p.m. and then again Sunday, September 1st at 2 p.m. The Otters preseason roster can be found here. Fans can purchase a weekend pass good for both games starting at $15 for adults and $10 for children (ages 12 and under), with individual exhibition game prices starting at $10 for adults and $5 for children.
Single game tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. Erie Otters season tickets and flex packages are also available and can be purchased in person at the Erie Otters front office located at 201 E. 8th Street in Erie, or by calling 814-455-7779. For the latest Otters news, visit www.ottershockey.com, or follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/erieottershockey), Twitter (@ErieOtters) and Instagram (@ErieOtters).
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Knights Start Preseason with a Win - London Knights
- Storm Shutout by Steelheads 4-0 in Pre-Season Opener - Guelph Storm
- Rangers' Rally Beats Battalion - North Bay Battalion
- IceDogs Fall to Colts - Niagara IceDogs
- Greyhounds Trim Roster Following Luke Williams Memorial - Soo Greyhounds
- Anthony Agostinelli Commits to the IceDogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Frontenacs Have Strong Showing in 5-4 Shootout Loss to Generals - Kingston Frontenacs
- A Promising Start in Orangeville - Mississauga Steelheads
- Colts Win Pre-Season Opener - Barrie Colts
- Attack Set Roster for 2019 Preseason - Owen Sound Attack
- Rangers Score Four Unanswered Goals To Beat North Bay 6-5 - Kitchener Rangers
- Otters Receive Commitments from Bressette, Kyrou, and Morton - Erie Otters
- Wolves Trim Roster to 30 - Sudbury Wolves
- Five Players Commit to Wolves - Sudbury Wolves
- Spirit Drop Preseason Opener to Peterborough - Saginaw Spirit
- Spirit Receive Commitments from Bulovs, Mancini - Saginaw Spirit
- CIBC Wood Gundy Peterborough Partners with Petes to Present 2019 Pre-Season - Peterborough Petes
- Ryan Campbell Commits to the Niagara IceDogs - Niagara IceDogs
- Niagara IceDogs Complete Trade with Kitchener Rangers - Niagara IceDogs
- Bulldogs Sign Matteo Drobac to Standard Players Agreement - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers and IceDogs Complete Trade - Kitchener Rangers
- Storm Sign Free Agent Colin Campbell - Guelph Storm
- Spirit Season Tickets Available for Pick Up - Saginaw Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie Otters Stories
- Enter the Otters Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Import Draft Selection Artem Kulakov Commits to Otters
- Wes Wolfe Supporting Real Men Wear Pink Campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Maxim Golod Signs Entry Level Contract with Anaheim Ducks
- Chicago Blackhawks Select Chad Yetman at NHL Draft