FC Dallas Youth Update: April 26
FRISCO, Texas (Friday, April 26) - For the third consecutive year, FC Dallas claimed the U-14 title at Copa ESPN, earning the FC Dallas Youth '99 Central team a trip to Orlando and automatic entry into the international Disney Cup at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in July.
"Copa ESPN is a great event and our teams showed very well again last weekend," said Chris Hayden, vice president of FC Dallas Youth. "Congratulations are in order to all FCDY participating teams and a special recognition to our FC Dallas '99 Central Boys, who won the U-14 Championship and will be representing the Metroplex and club in Florida this summer."
This is the third year in a row that FC Dallas Youth has won this prestigious event and sent a North Texas representative to Florida. Previous winners were the FC Dallas Blue '97 and FC Dallas Premier '98 teams.
Second-half goals by Trey Marchino and Hunter Hasler handed the U-14 side a 2-0 win over Barcelona SC '99 in the title game Sunday evening. The result capped a full day for FC Dallas Youth, which saw the club take home four of the seven Copa ESPN age-group titles. FC Dallas '03 Premier claimed the U-10 title, while FC Dallas '01 Premier won in the U-12 category and FC Dallas Blue '99 took home the U-14 girls' title. Overall, 17 FC Dallas Youth teams participated and eight of those teams advanced to the semifinal round.
FC Dallas Youth players take home hardware with respective high school squads Eight FC Dallas Youth players earned titles last week while competing for their respective high school teams. From FC Dallas Elite Clubs National League teams, U-17 player London Beal helped guide her Plano West team to a 5A State Championship, while U-18 player Megan Stokes and her Guyer High School teammates took home the 4A State title.
"FC Dallas Youth has many very talented and committed players and many of our college-bound players are playing prominent roles on their area high school soccer teams," said Hayden. "To have FCDY players on three of the four 2013 UIL State Champion teams is a great accomplishment. We are extremely proud of our players' accomplishments on and off the field and particularly want to acknowledge these players' effort and dedication in helping their teams win the UIL State Championships in soccer."
On the boys' side, Chris Madden earned MVP honors after scoring two goals for Coppell High School in the 5A final. Madden and FC Dallas '96 Premier teammates Kellen Reid, Justin Todd, Jack Burns and Nick Price helped the Cowboys to a 28-2 record on the year and a No. 18 national ranking.
FC Dallas Pre Academy team embarks on 10-day tour of Poland this week The FC Dallas Pre Academy team left for Poland this week, launching a 10-day tour of the country that will feature games against six Polish teams, including six-time Polish champions Lech PoznaÃÂ±. The 10-day tour will include stops in PoznaÃÂ±, Wronki and the Basilica of LicheÃÂ±.
The team traveled a 29-player squad ranging in age from 15 to 17. The Poland trip is the third outside the United States for FC Dallas Youth this year after the U-14 squad participated in the 2013 Tahuichi Mundialito and the U-18 side recently traveled to Mexico. The group returns to Dallas on May 5.
FC Dallas Homegrown goalkeeper Richard Sanchez preps for 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup FC Dallas Homegrown goalkeeper Richard Sanchez has been called into Mexican Under-20 National Team camp by head coach Sergio Almaguer. The Chicago, Ill. based camp runs through Monday, April 29 and will include matches against NCAA opponents Notre Dame (April 26) and the University of Indiana (April 29). Sanchez and the rest of the Mexican U-20 team are preparing for the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup, which takes place June 21-July 13 in Turkey.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 26, 2013
- Chivas USA, Ready to Face San Jose - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- LA Galaxy Head to Utah for An Early Season Test against Real Salt Lake - LA Galaxy
- Pregame Notes: Real Salt Lake vs LA Galaxy - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC Preps for Portland on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Houston Dynamo Game Notes - Houston Dynamo
- Black & Gold by the Numbers - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL V. LA Galaxy - Real Salt Lake
- Three Points: LA Galaxy Look Build a Winning Streak against Real Salt - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Youth Update: April 26 - FC Dallas
- Revolution Finally Returns Home to Host Philadelphia - New England Revolution
- Colorado Rapids Choose Match Analysis for Video and Technical Analysis - Colorado Rapids
- Impact Faces Chicago Fire Saturday at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Salt Lake United Women's Team to Become Real Salt Lake Women SC - Real Salt Lake
- New HOMAGE Line Portrays Everything Crew and Local Clothing Brand Embody - Columbus Crew SC
- Red Bulls Take on Toronto FC Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- Crew Kicks off Three-Match Homestand Starting with D.C. United - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew vs. D.C. United - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United to Hold Tryouts for Newly Formed U-12 Pre-Academy Team, as Well as for U-13s and U-15s - D.C. United
- Toronto FC Acquire Argentine Midfielder Laba - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- Broadcast Details for FC Dallas' Playoff Match on October 19th Confirmed
- Ricardo Pepi Called into United States U-17 National Team for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup
- FC Dallas Signs Paxton Pomykal to New Contract
- FC Dallas Clinches Playoff Berth in 6-0 Shutout against SKC
- #FCDvSKC: Five Facts You Need to Know