New HOMAGE Line Portrays Everything Crew and Local Clothing Brand Embody
Fans will be flashing some new threads around Crew Stadium in the near future as the result of an exclusive partnership between the Crew, Major League Soccer andlocally-owned clothing brand HOMAGE. To help celebrate the Black & Gold's 15th season at Crew Stadium, the limited edition time capsule line consists of 1,500 unique items.
The three entities worked together for the past three months to develop a line that embodies everything the Crew and HOMAGE brands represent. Building off an existing relationship with Crew supporters, HOMAGE jumped at the chance to tell the story of Columbus' first championship-winning franchise.
"We had done a lot of stuff for the Crew's supporters groups like the 'Columbus til I Die' and the 'Glory to Columbus' shirts the past couple of years and we wanted to have a closer partnership with the Crew," HOMAGE Director of Marketing Nate Ellis said at the line's exclusive launch party at HOMAGE's Easton store on Thursday evening. "Our whole thing is telling great stories with t-shirts. Being the first team to win a championship in the city of Columbus and being one of the first Major League Soccer franchises are great elements in the wheel house of what we like to do with a shirt."
The result of the partnership between the Crew, MLS and HOMAGE is a line of unique, limited edition t-shirt designs that portray everything that the Black & Gold supporters' battle cry of being "Massive" is all about.
"It's great being in Columbus, a lot of outsiders I don't think really realize how great of a town this is," Ellis explained. "Something like the Columbus Crew and being 'Massive' exudes sort of the mindset of most people in Columbus and that's how we approach our brand as well. We tell stories, but it's also about appearing larger than life at times -- and sometimes those are the best stories to tell."
"The line is a great combination of the Crew brand and the HOMAGE signature design," Mike Malo, the Crew's Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing added. "It's very unique and that's what makes it a special, limited edition type of collectors item. I think fans are going to love it."
The line was made available to the public on Friday at noon, both online and in-store. Fans will also be able to purchase the exclusive line at Crew matches, starting with Saturday's clash against D.C. United at Crew Stadium.
If the players' impressions of the new time capsule line are any indication, fans will surely love the new apparel.
"It's simple," Crew midfielder Ethan Finlay said. "Like the Crew, we have our style and we know what we're about."
"We're not flashy. I think that is what kind of defines this line. It's very simple, but it looks good. It's fashionable."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 26, 2013
- Chivas USA, Ready to Face San Jose - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- LA Galaxy Head to Utah for An Early Season Test against Real Salt Lake - LA Galaxy
- Pregame Notes: Real Salt Lake vs LA Galaxy - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC Preps for Portland on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Houston Dynamo Game Notes - Houston Dynamo
- Black & Gold by the Numbers - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL V. LA Galaxy - Real Salt Lake
- Three Points: LA Galaxy Look Build a Winning Streak against Real Salt - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Youth Update: April 26 - FC Dallas
- Revolution Finally Returns Home to Host Philadelphia - New England Revolution
- Colorado Rapids Choose Match Analysis for Video and Technical Analysis - Colorado Rapids
- Impact Faces Chicago Fire Saturday at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Salt Lake United Women's Team to Become Real Salt Lake Women SC - Real Salt Lake
- New HOMAGE Line Portrays Everything Crew and Local Clothing Brand Embody - Columbus Crew SC
- Red Bulls Take on Toronto FC Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- Crew Kicks off Three-Match Homestand Starting with D.C. United - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew vs. D.C. United - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United to Hold Tryouts for Newly Formed U-12 Pre-Academy Team, as Well as for U-13s and U-15s - D.C. United
- Toronto FC Acquire Argentine Midfielder Laba - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Sebastian Berhalter
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Crew SC Academy Product Aidan Morris
- Columbus Crew SC Selects Ryo Shimazaki in Round 3 of 2020 MLS SuperDraft
- Columbus Crew SC Selects Three Players in Opening Rounds of 2020 MLS SuperDraft
- Columbus Crew SC's Gyasi Zardes Receives An International Call-Up