FC Dallas Names Marco Ferruzzi Director of Soccer Operations
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas has promoted long-time assistant coach Marco Ferruzzi to Director of Soccer Operations, the team announced today. Ferruzzi will step away from his role as a coach and oversee all areas of player personnel, scouting and team administration.
"Marco has been an invaluable part of the FC Dallas family for the last 15 years, and we are excited to promote him to an expanded leadership role," FC Dallas Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. "Marco has extensive experience in MLS - both as a coach and on the technical side - and he has played a key role in our scouting operation for many years. He will be an important member of our leadership team as we move into this next chapter, and I know he will do an outstanding job."
Ferruzzi, 48, joined FC Dallas in 2004 ahead of the 2005 season, serving five coaches over his tenure with the club. In 14 seasons with the team, FC Dallas compiled a regular season record of 186-147-123 in MLS play. He also had a 2-2-1 record as an interim head coach in 2008 prior to the hiring of Schellas Hyndman.
"I have worked closely with our technical staff during my time here and am excited to help build a roster that will put our team in position to compete for titles," said Ferruzzi. "I am grateful to the Hunt family, Clark and Dan, for this opportunity."
A San Antonio-native, Ferruzzi played collegiate soccer at the University of North Carolina from 1989 to 1992. He was selected sixth overall in the 1997 MLS Supplemental Draft by the Tampa Bay Mutiny, where he had two assists in 19 games. He also played four seasons with the Richmond Kickers (1999-2002) and two seasons with the Minnesota Thunder (2003-2004). In six seasons, Ferruzzi captained both sides to the A-League final.
Ferruzzi holds his USSF "A" coaching license. He has served as a reserve team, pre-academy and premier team coach in the FC Dallas youth club. In 2012, Ferruzzi coached the FC Dallas Reserves, coaching the team to 6-3-1 record where they finished in second place of the MLS Reserve League's Central/Mountain Division.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 9, 2019
- FC Cincinnati Acquires Five SuperDraft Selections in Trade with Philadelphia Union - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $200,000 in General Allocation Money from FC Cincinnati - Philadelphia Union
- Tom Penn Named Los Angeles Sports Council's 2018 Sports Executive of the Year - Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Names Marco Ferruzzi Director of Soccer Operations - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire Foundation to Host 2019 Season Kickoff Gala Presented by Magellan Corporation on February 26 - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Announce Technical Staff Additions - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Re-Signs MF Luke Mulholland - Real Salt Lake
- FC Cincinnati Acquires General Allocation Money, SuperDraft Selection in Trade with LAFC - FC Cincinnati
- Chicago Fire Expands Competitive Gaming Roster with Signing of Enrique Espinoza - Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United Signs Goalkeeper Brendan Moore - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Acquires 2019 MLS SuperDraft Selection from FC Cincinnati - Los Angeles FC
- FC Dallas Head Coach Luchi Gonzalez Announces 2019 Coaching Staff - FC Dallas
- Mark Geiger Named Professional Referee Organization Director of Senior Match Officials - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Re-Sign Defender Raymon Gaddis - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Defeats Seattle Sounders FC, 2-1
- FC Dallas Signs 24th Homegrown Player Edwin Cerrillo
- FC Dallas Unveils Reunion Kit for 2019
- Francis Atuahene Undergoes Successful Surgery to Repair Ruptured Pectoral Muscle
- FC Dallas Records One Win, One Loss in Preseason Doubleheader