FC Cincinnati's Emmanuel Ledesma Earns USL Player of Month Honors
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati midfielder Emmanuel Ledesma was voted the United Soccer League's Player of the Month for June, the USL announced today.
A 30-year-old native of Quilmes, Argentina, Ledesma scored four goals and added one assist while creating 16 chances in June. In six league games last month, FC Cincinnati went 4-0-2 including wins over New York Red Bulls II, North Carolina FC, Richmond Kickers and Ottawa Fury FC.
In 2018, Ledesma has earned a place on the USL Team of the Week five times while capturing the league's Player of the Week and Goal of the Week awards once apiece. On the season, Ledesma has scored eight goals and added eight assists. Ledesma is the only USL player who ranks in the top 10 in both goals and assists: he is tied for eighth in the USL in goals - one back of the seven league leaders tied with nine goals each - and shares the league lead in assists.
An online fan vote comprises 51 percent of the final ballot, while the USL Technical Committee's selections add another 25 percent to the final tally. A national panel of USL media make up the final 24 percent of voting.
Ledesma earned June's award over Penn FC's Lucky Mkosana, Las Vegas Lights FC's Sammy Ochoa, Real Monarchs SLC's Chandler Hoffman and Phoenix Rising FC's James Musa.
FC Cincinnati will play its next six USL games - and seven games overall - at Nippert Stadium between July 14 and August 18. First up, on Saturday, July 14, the Orange and Blue will host the Tampa Bay Rowdies at 7:30 p.m. The game will be televised live on WSTR 64, carried live on ESPN 1530 and streamed live on ESPN+.
In the middle of the homestand, FCC will also host an international friendly against La Liga's RCD Espanyol on Saturday, July 28, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for all games - including the international friendly - are available at www.fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-KICK (5425).
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 12, 2018
- Previewing Fresno FC vs. Phoenix Rising FC - Fresno FC
- Lights FC Adds Dynamic Defender Joseph Patrick Perez as Midseason Transfer from Liga MX Club Puebla FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Indy Eleven Announces Hays + Sons as Corporate Sponsor - Indy Eleven
- Nashville SC Deals Michael Cox to Saint Louis FC - Nashville SC
- STLFC Acquires Michael Cox - Saint Louis FC
- COOP Aleworks and Energy FC Host Watch Party for World Cup Final - OKC Energy FC
- Switchbacks FC Sign Forward Nicholas Amoako - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- FC Cincinnati's Emmanuel Ledesma Earns USL Player of Month Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Cincinnati's Ledesma Voted USL Player of the Month - USL
- Phoenix's Schantz Named USL Coach of the Month - USL
- Kickers Pack Bags to Face New York Red Bulls II - Richmond Kickers
- Club America and Club Atlas Draw 10,767 Fans in Fresno Exhibition - Fresno FC
- RGV FC Toros Defeat Club Santos Laguna 3-0 - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Lamah's late goal equalizes as Orange and Blue stay atop Carolina Challenge Cup standings
- FC Cincinnati to Face Bearcats in Preseason Friendly
- Adi, Mattocks record goals in FCC's first match of Carolina Challenge Cup
- FC Cincinnati Loan Logan Gdula to Phoenix Rising FC
- FC Cincinnati Loans Tommy McCabe to North Carolina FC