Cincinnati's Ledesma Voted USL Player of the Month
July 12, 2018 - United Soccer League (USL) News Release
TAMPA, Fla. - FC Cincinnati midfielder Emmanuel Ledesma has been voted the USL Player of the Month for June after continuing his standout season while helping FCC move to the top of the USL's Eastern Conference standings at the halfway point of the 2018 regular season.
The Argentine veteran has been a key figure for FCC this season, and in June, he recorded four goals and one assist as FCC went undefeated in six outings. Ledesma doubled his goal total for the season in the process to sit tied with Danni König for the team-lead on eight goals this season, and he is tied for the league-lead with eight assists, as he has played a role in 16 of FCC's 35 goals in the USL this season.
"I think this honor is for the team for teamwork," said Ledesma. "It's not about me individually. It's representative of our teamwork. I think this is really a 'Team of the Month' award, not a Player of the Month award because it's a big effort of all my teammates. I want to say thank you to the fans and media who voted for me, but I also want to say thank you to my coaches and teammates."
"We're very happy for Manu," added FCC Head Coach Alan Koch. "It's a great achievement to be the Player of the Month. He's having an excellent season, and he's making his teammates better, and his teammates are making him better, too. It's always nice for individual players to get deserved recognition and to hopefully continue to have a good season."
Ledesma received 45 percent of a weighted poll that included the USL Technical Committee, a national panel of independent media representing every USL market and an online fan vote held at USLSoccer.com. Penn FC's Lucky Mkosana finished second with 29 percent after scoring a league-best five goals over the month of June to help push his side into the playoff positions in the Eastern Conference.
USL Player of the Month - June
Nominee Fan Vote Weight Media Vote Weight USL Technical Vote Weight Total Weighted Vote
Emmanuel Ledesma (CIN) 42% 21% 19% 5% 75% 19% 45%
Lucky Mkosana (PEN) 22% 11% 50% 12% 25% 6% 29%
Chandler Hoffman (SLC) 17% 9% 12% 2% 0% 0% 11%
James Musa (PHX) 17% 9% 0% 0% 0% 0% 9%
Sammy Ochoa (LV) 2% 1% 19% 5% 0% 0% 6%
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Previewing Fresno FC vs. Phoenix Rising FC - Fresno FC
- Lights FC Adds Dynamic Defender Joseph Patrick Perez as Midseason Transfer from Liga MX Club Puebla FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Indy Eleven Announces Hays + Sons as Corporate Sponsor - Indy Eleven
- Nashville SC Deals Michael Cox to Saint Louis FC - Nashville SC
- STLFC Acquires Michael Cox - Saint Louis FC
- COOP Aleworks and Energy FC Host Watch Party for World Cup Final - OKC Energy FC
- Switchbacks FC Sign Forward Nicholas Amoako - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- FC Cincinnati's Emmanuel Ledesma Earns USL Player of Month Honors - FC Cincinnati
- Cincinnati's Ledesma Voted USL Player of the Month - USL
- Phoenix's Schantz Named USL Coach of the Month - USL
- Kickers Pack Bags to Face New York Red Bulls II - Richmond Kickers
- Club America and Club Atlas Draw 10,767 Fans in Fresno Exhibition - Fresno FC
- RGV FC Toros Defeat Club Santos Laguna 3-0 - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.