FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: March 18, 2019
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati are back on the road this week and are set for a third consecutive Sunday match. The Orange and Blue will travel to Foxborough, Mass., where they will play the New England Revolution at Gillette Stadium. The match will kick off at 4 p.m and will be televised on WSTR Star64, streamed live on FloSports and carried on the radio on WDJO.
FC Cincinnati (1-1-1, 4 pts.) enter the week after playing their first-ever MLS match at Nippert Stadium. The Orange and Blue captivated their first MLS home crowd with a decisive 3-0 victory over 2018 MLS Cup finalists Portland Timbers. Kendall Waston, Allan Cruz and Mathieu Deplagne scored for FC Cincinnati, while Spencer Richey earned his first-ever MLS win and shutout.
Allan Cruz is nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week for his goal against Portland.
The New England Revolution (0-2-1, 1 pt.) come into MLS Week 4 after dropping their most recent match at Toronto FC, 3-2. Revolution and MLS newcomer Carles Gil is currently tied for the MLS lead with three goals alongside six other players.
The Orange and Blue will be without five players who will be representing their respective national teams during the current FIFA Window. Allan Cruz and Kendall Waston have been called up by Costa Rica, Darren Mattocks and Alvas Powell have been called up by Jamaica and Frankie Amaya has been called up by the U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team.
The Revs, meanwhile, will be without three players who have been called up for national team duty. Justin Rennicks will join Amaya with the U.S. U-20 MNT, Zachary Herivaux has been called up by Haiti and Gabriel Somi has been called up by Syria.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 18, 2019
- MNUFC Celebrates Scarf Raising at Allianz Field - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo Forwards Alberth Elis and Memo Rodriguez Named to MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Forward Wayne Rooney Voted MLS Player of the Week - D.C. United
- Orlando City SC Loans Pierre Da Silva to Partner Affiliate Club Athletico Paranaense - Orlando City SC
- D.C. United Forward Wayne Rooney Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Four Tabbed to MLS Team of the Week After Electric Home Opener - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers Single-Game Tickets for 2019 Season Go on Sale Tuesday - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes, Wells Fargo Present Goals for Education to Offer Scholarships for 17 College-Bound Seniors - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: March 18, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union tie Atlanta United FC 1-1 - Philadelphia Union
- Russell's Free Kick Delivers Dramatic 1-1 Draw - Sporting Kansas City
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 14, 2019
- "Spend to Save" at FC Cincinnati Shop this week
- FC Cincinnati to Hold Warehouse Sale Next Week
- Bertone, Tyton nominated for MLSsoccer.com's Goal and Save of the Year
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2020 Season