F Max Willman Signs, Giving Royals 18 Players for 2019-20
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals, proud ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and Lehigh Valley Phantoms, have signed forward Max Willman to an ECHL deal for the 2019-20 season, Head Coach Kirk MacDonald announced Wednesday. Willman spent four years at Brown University (2014-18) and played in 36 games as a graduate transfer student at Boston University in 2018-19 (1g, 5a). The 24-year old was selected by the Buffalo Sabres in the 5th round of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft (121st overall).
2019-20 Royals roster
Goaltender (1): #35 Trevor Gorsuch
Defensemen (5): #6 Garrett Cecere, #19 Garret Cockerill, #27 Jeremy Beaudry, #75 Joe Masonius, #77 Jimmy Mazza
Forwards (12): #7 Trevor Gooch, #9 Brayden Low, #13 Olivier Labelle, #15 Trevor Yates, #16 Hayden Hodgson, #17 Brendan Robbins, #18 Judd Peterson, #21 Frank DiChiara, #23 Drew Melanson, #28 Brady Wiffen, #67 Max Willman, #81 Corey Mackin
They said it
Willman: "I talked with some of my friends that have played in Reading in the past and have heard good things. I like to think I'm a fast forward that can play physical and add a little bit of scoring touch."
MacDonald: "Max will be given an opportunity during training camp to come in and establish himself. We look forward to meeting him in a couple of weeks and to help him develop as he begins his pro career."
The Barnstable, MA native appeared in 99 games for Brown University and scored 45 career points. In his junior season, Willman finished third on the team in goals (11) and points (26) while leading Brown with 97 shots on goal.
The 6-foot, 183-lb., left-handed shot amassed 17 goals and 51 points in 135 NCAA games.
Willman led Barnstable High School in scoring in his final two seasons at the school, tallying 19 goals in each campaign. Willman was a co-captain for the Williston Northampton School and earned team MVP honors with 44 points in 25 games.
New for the 2019-20 season, take advantage of the Royals 5-Game Mini Plan that kicks off Opening Night on Sat., Oct. 19 at 7:00 p.m. and includes a meal for every game, a Reading Royals Hat, an exclusive fan experience, an autographed team picture and a guaranteed giveaway for each of the 5 games. Purchase your seat or seats today by calling 610-898-7825 or by visiting https://bit.ly/2LSHBp8.
The first Royals' home game on Oct. 19 vs. Maine features a massive block party, games, food, drinks and a special "Downtown Alive" concert on Penn Street before the home opener.
Royals season memberships are available for 2019-20 by heading to royalshockey.com/restoretheroar, visiting the Royals Box Office at Santander Arena (700 Penn Street) and calling 610-898-7825.
For the latest team news, visit royalshockey.com/news, and follow the team on Facebook (Facebook.com/ReadingRoyals), Twitter (Twitter.com/ReadingRoyals) and Instagram (Instagram.com/ReadingRoyals). Use #RestoreTheRoar to join the conversation.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 4, 2019
- F Max Willman Signs, Giving Royals 18 Players for 2019-20 - Reading Royals
- Admirals Officially Announce Signing of Defenseman Brayden Sherbinin - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Name Gene Reilly as Assistant Coach - Wheeling Nailers
- Adjusted Parking Rates for 2019-20 Season; Royals Modify Walk-Up Ticket Prices - Reading Royals
- Americans Add Experience up Front with Addition of Shawn O'Donnell - Allen Americans
- Forward Michael Doherty Signs with Indy - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Sign Two Rookie Defensemen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Northeastern Product Lincoln Griffin Joins Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Ink Thomas to Multi-Year Extension - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Americans Announce 2019-2020 Promotional Night Schedule - Allen Americans
- Violette Climbs Ladder to AHL San Diego - Maine Mariners
- Walleye Ink Another Forward - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Officials to Officiate at NHL Prospects Tournament in Traverse City - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- F Strome Reassigned to Reading, F Fitzgerald and D De Haas Loaned by Lehigh Valley
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 2
- DiChiara Scores Game-Winning Goal in Wild 3rd to Spike Mariners, 5-4
- Royals and Mariners Tangle Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- Reading Bested in Home Opener, 5-3