Energy Fall to the Grand Rapids Drive
Grand Rapids, MI - The Iowa Energy (24-21) fell 107-95 to the Grand Rapids Drive (21-24) Wednesday night at the DeltaPlex Arena.
The Energy were led by Damien Wilkins with 23 points, Memphis Grizzlies assignee Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double with 20 points and 15 rebounds and Willie Reed added 18 points. Iowa converted 33 of 45 (73.3 percent) free-throws in the game. The Drive were led by Quincy Miller with 26 points and 15 rebounds.
It was a slow start to the game for both the Energy and Drive. The Drive opened up an early lead before the Energy came back to tie it 8-8 mid-way through the first. Iowa would hold the lead for the rest of the quarter and led 21-17 heading into the second quarter. Damien Wilkins led with six points for the Energy. Both teams picked up the pace in the second quarter. Iowa would lead the entire quarter with nine points from Stokes as they opened up a seven-point lead mid-way through. The Energy held a 48-46 advantage heading into halftime. Stokes recorded a double-double in the first half with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
It was a tight back and forth battle to begin the second half with five lead changes and six ties in the third quarter. Neither team was able to open up much of a lead to take control of the game. Willie Reed led the Energy with nine points, as Iowa and Grand Rapids were tied 76-76 after the third quarter. In the fourth quarter, Grand Rapids went on an 11-0 run to pull away from the Energy. Iowa was unable to put a run of their own together to get back into the game despite two Drive players fouling out, two technical fouls and an ejection for Grand Rapids. The Energy would go on to lose 107-95.
Iowa returns home this weekend to continue their playoff push for two games against the Canton Charge on Saturday at 7 P.M. and Sunday at 4 P.M.
Iowa Energy 2014-2015 single game tickets are now on sale starting at just $8. 2015-2016 season tickets are on sale starting at just $299. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 25, 2015
- BayHawks Eliminated from Playoff Contention, Lose to Maine - Erie BayHawks
- Energy Fall to the Grand Rapids Drive - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Excel in Fourth Quarter, Top Energy 107-95 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Inch Closer to Division Title with Win over Erie - Maine Red Claws
- Detroit Pistons Assign Quincy Miller to Grand Rapids Drive of NBA D-League - G League
- Detroit Pistons Assign Quincy Miller to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Mavericks Reassign Dwight Powell to the Texas Legends - G League
- Atlanta Hawks Sign Austin Daye to Second 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Jam Lose 111-103 to the Mad Ants - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Timberwolves Recall Jaylen Nowell from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Suspended Game Between Iowa Wolves and Memphis Hustle Rescheduled for March 15
- Trio of Wolves Gives Iowa the Edge over Blue
- Timberwolves Recall Naz Reid from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Wolves Fail to Fend off Kings, Drop First Road Contest of Season