Jam Lose 111-103 to the Mad Ants
BAKERSFIELD, CALIF., March 24, 2015 - Bakersfield Jam (33-13) guard Jerel McNeal scored a game-high 34 points, in a 111-103 loss to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (25-21) Tuesday night at the Dignity Health Event Center.
The Jam got off to a slow start, falling behind by 13 points early in the first quarter. With a 32-25 deficit to end the opening period, Bakersfield showcased a better performance in the second frame, as they outscored Fort Wayne 34-22 and went into the half with a 59-54 advantage.
Unable to keep the lead and momentum on their side, the Jam fell behind by double-digits midway through the third quarter. Despite trailing by 11 points, Bakersfield closed the gap in the final minutes of the third and entered the final frame down single-digits (84-80). Bakersfield struggled to gain the lead back in the fourth, as they converted on just 33 percent of their shots, compared to Fort Wayne's 57.1 percent, and ultimately got outscored 27-23.
Xavier Munford recorded 22 points and four assists off the bench for the Jam, while Renaldo Major tallied 12 points. Mac Koshwal finished with a game-high 10 rebounds.
Matt Bouldin paced the Mad Ants with 26 points and five assists. Jordan Crawford added 21 points and CJ Fair contributed 15 points and nine rebounds.
Bakersfield will next host the Oklahoma City Blue on Thursday, March 26 at 7:00 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 25, 2015
- BayHawks Eliminated from Playoff Contention, Lose to Maine - Erie BayHawks
- Energy Fall to the Grand Rapids Drive - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Excel in Fourth Quarter, Top Energy 107-95 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Inch Closer to Division Title with Win over Erie - Maine Red Claws
- Detroit Pistons Assign Quincy Miller to Grand Rapids Drive of NBA D-League - G League
- Detroit Pistons Assign Quincy Miller to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Mavericks Reassign Dwight Powell to the Texas Legends - G League
- Atlanta Hawks Sign Austin Daye to Second 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Jam Lose 111-103 to the Mad Ants - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.