Red Claws Inch Closer to Division Title with Win over Erie
ERIE, PA - March 25, 2015 - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, inched closer to clinching the Atlantic Division with a come-from-behind 116-114 win over Erie Wednesday night. The Red Claws, already in the playoffs, can clinch the division Friday night at the Portland Expo.
Tim Frazier led the Claws with 30 points (10-12 from the floor; 9-9 from the free throw line) to go with 8 rebounds and 5 assists. Omari Johnson added 22 points and 14 boards, and James Young, on assignment from the Boston Celtics, scored 20, including 6 three pointers.
Maine (31-14) trailed 59-52 at halftime, but out-scored the Bayhawks 34-21 in the third period to regain the lead. Frazier hit key shots and free throws down the stretch to put Erie just out of reach. Frazier scored 16 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter.
The Bayhawks took a 104-102 lead with 4:00 to go, but Frazier's three-point play put Maine back on top for good. Seth Curry (25 points) made a three at the buzzer to make it a two point final. Erie was eliminated from playoff contention with the loss.
Maine tied a franchise record with just 7 turnovers in the game.
The Red Claws will play the Westchester Knicks Friday night at the Portland Expo. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. Tickets are on sale by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting www.maineredclaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 25, 2015
- BayHawks Eliminated from Playoff Contention, Lose to Maine - Erie BayHawks
- Energy Fall to the Grand Rapids Drive - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Excel in Fourth Quarter, Top Energy 107-95 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Inch Closer to Division Title with Win over Erie - Maine Red Claws
- Detroit Pistons Assign Quincy Miller to Grand Rapids Drive of NBA D-League - G League
- Detroit Pistons Assign Quincy Miller to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Mavericks Reassign Dwight Powell to the Texas Legends - G League
- Atlanta Hawks Sign Austin Daye to Second 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Jam Lose 111-103 to the Mad Ants - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.