ECHL Announces Promotions of League Staff
October 5, 2018 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The Premier "AA" Hockey League begins the 2018-19 season by announcing the promotion of four members of the League staff.
Joe Ernst has been promoted to Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations. 2018-19 will be Ernst's 28th season with the ECHL. He spent the previous eight seasons as Vice President of Hockey Operations. Ernst, who worked 16 seasons as an on-ice official in the ECHL, the American Hockey League and the International Hockey League, is responsible for overseeing all day-to-day operations of the League's Hockey Operations Department and Officiating Department. He is also in charge of player supplemental discipline, and working with the ECHL Equipment Managers, Trainers and Game Operations staffs on all League-related details. Ernst was inducted into the ECHL Hall of Fame as the first inductee in the Referee/Linesman category in 2011.
Valerie Persinger has been promoted to Vice President of Media & Events. She spent the previous two seasons as Director of Business Operations and New Media. She spent two seasons as Manager of Business Operations after serving as the League's Executive/Marketing Assistant for her first season. Persinger is responsible for oversight of the League's media strategy, associated platforms and programs, and social and digital content development. Additionally, she manages all aspects of League special events such as the All-Star & Hall of Fame Events, as well as the annual Hockey Summer Meetings.
Dan Petrino has been promoted to Director of Hockey Administration after serving as the Manager of Hockey Administration the past two seasons. Petrino is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the ECHL Hockey Operations Department including the organization and release of team rosters, salary cap, player background and immigration matters while also overseeing all transactions and ongoing relations with the PHPA and other leagues.
Natalie Bernstein has been promoted to Office & Marketing Manager after serving as the League's Executive/Marketing Assistant since she joined in February 2015. Bernstein is responsible for assisting with office duties and management as well as assisting the Commissioner and marketing department on licensing, sponsorship program coordination and planning for League-hosted events. She also assists with the production of the League's Confidential Directory, Equipment Managers/Trainers Directory and Season Pass distribution.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 5, 2018
- Everblades' Rally Falls Short in Preseason Opener against Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Adirondack Drops Preseason Opener 6-3 to Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- K-Wings Edged 4-2 in Preseason Opener Friday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Morgan Nets Five Points to Lead Royals to 6-3 Win in Preseason - Reading Royals
- 11 Skaters on the Scoresheet as Rays Top Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Edge Nailers in Preseason Opener - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Earn First Ever Preseason Victory - Newfoundland Growlers
- G Redmond Reassigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Rush and Midco Sports Network Engage in TV Partnership - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Set New Season Ticket Record - Toledo Walleye
- Steven Brothers to Use Wichita Thunder Opening Weekend to Raise over $50,000 for Fallen Deputy Robert Kunze's Family - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - October 5 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Promotions of League Staff - ECHL
- Fairly Group Continues as the "Official Insurance Provider of the ECHL" for 2018-19 Season - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears Play First of Two Weekend Matches at Florida - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Preseason Opener on Friday - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers vs. Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, October 5 - Wheeling Nailers
- It's Finally Game Day in Allen , Why It's Important, Allen vs KC Game Preview - Allen Americans
- Rays Announce Training Camp Roster Moves - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.