Earthquakes Host Autism Awareness Night
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes announced today their partnership with Autism Speaks, the nation's largest autism science and advocacy organization. The Quakes and Autism Speaks are committed to raising public awareness about autism and its effects on individuals and their families.
The Earthquakes will host Autism Speaks for a night of awareness at Buck Shaw Stadium on Saturday, May 8 against the New York Red Bulls. The 2010 Bay Area Walk Now for Autism Speaks Chairman, Pamela and Nolan Herman, will participate in the ceremonial coin toss prior to kick-off. Along with being recognized throughout the game, Autism Speaks will receive a donation of $5 for every ticket purchased in section 101 and 102 through the link below.
To help the fight against autism by purchasing tickets, please click here.
The evening precedes the 8th annual Bay Area Walk Now for Autism Speaks fundraising event scheduled for Saturday June 5, 2010 at Kelly Park in San Jose. The San Jose Earthquakes will form a walk team in support of raising autism awareness. To join the Quakes on June 5 go to www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/bayarea/sjquakes and register to walk. Last year's Bay Area Walk Now for Autism Speaks events drew more than 3,500 walkers and rose over $250,000. Walk Now for Autism Speaks events rose over $24.5 million with 80 walks in 2009 throughout North America. Over 350,000 people participated.
For more information about Autism Speaks please visit: www.autismspeaks.org.
About Autism Speaks: Autism Speaks was founded in February 2005 by Bob and Suzanne Wright, grandparents of a child with autism. Since then, Autism Speaks has grown into the nation's largest autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We are proud of what we've been able to accomplish and look forward to continued successes in the years ahead.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2010
- Chivas USA to Wear Special Camouflage Jersey to Celebrate Armed Forces Night - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Host Autism Awareness Night - San Jose Earthquakes
- Rapids' Home Game Against Philadelphia Rescheduled to Sept. 29 - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL vs. Philadelphia Union - Saturday, May 8 - Real Salt Lake
- MLS To Make Major Announcement Friday At 10 a.m. ET - MLS
- Updated: Chicago Fire Reschedule Match Against Kansas City Wizards - Chicago Fire FC
- Home Record Put To The Test - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire Reschedule Match Against Kansas City Wizards - Chicago Fire FC
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2010 RSL Youth Camps Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- Kansas City Wizards To Host Soccer Giant Manchester United To Inaugurate New Arrowhead Stadium - Sporting Kansas City
- Manchester United To Take On 2010 MLS All-Stars - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: April 19, 2021
- Earthquakes Kick off 2021 Home Opener with MLS Is Back Week
- Earthquakes Drop Opener to Houston Dynamo FC, 2-1
- Two Earthquakes Players Obtain Green Cards
- PayPal Park to Host 2021 Premier Lacrosse League All-Star Game on July 18