Eagles Add Forward, Seth Leonard Signs with Colorado
WINDSOR, CO- The Colorado Eagles of the Central Hockey League announced today that the team has signed forward Seth Leonard.
A native of Nakusp, British Columbia, Leonard played the past two seasons with the Victoria Salmon Kings of the East Coast Hockey League in which is accounted for 26 goals and 28 assists in 130 games played. Prior to joining the professional ranks, Leonard played junior hockey for both the Prince Albert Raiders and Kelowna Rockets in the Western Hockey League. In his final season in the WHL, Leonard had his best season scoring 90 points in just 72 games on 50 goals and 40 assists. The 5'9", 190-pound forward adds a scoring touch to the Eagles offense that has lost Steve Haddon, Erik Adams and Lee Arnold to the injured reserve.
"In Victoria, Seth was put in a position in which his offensive talents could not be fully reached," exclaimed Eagles Vice President and Head Coach Chris Stewart. "In our system, I feel Seth can improve upon the numbers that he has posted the past two seasons."
Leonard will begin his third professional with the Eagles this Friday night, November 17th, against the Rocky Mountain Rage in the Eagles first game at the Broomfield Event Center. The Eagles are currently 7-2-0 and in first place in the Northwest Division. Colorado plays at home this Saturday, November 18th, in the second game of a home-and-home series against the Rage. Tickets for all Eagles games are on sale by calling 877-544-TIXX or online at www.comcasttix.com. For more information, go to www.coloradoeagles.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2006
- Bugs fall 3-2 in Lubbock - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bees get back into win column with 2-1 victory - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- SteelHounds drop second straight in a shootout - Youngstown SteelHounds
- RiverKings to help take a bite out of crime - Mississippi RiverKings
- Laredo Bucks Weekly Update - Laredo Bucks
- Rocky Mountain Rivalry Takes Center Stage - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Eagles Add Forward, Seth Leonard Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings players waited tables for charity Tuesday - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rage in the Community - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Rayz game airs tonight on 1150AM KCCT - Corpus Christi IceRays
- SteelHounds vs. Oilers Game Preview - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Former RiverKings coach Doug Shedden to coach Finnish national team - Mississippi RiverKings
- Cotton Kings Home Game Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Killer Bees Game Night - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Ice Bats in Division Hunt - Austin Ice Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient
- Eagles Re-Sign Wegwerth to AHL Two-Way Contract
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke
- Eagles Ink Pair of Defensemen in Abt, Scheid
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Kicks off with Jersey Auction