Killer Bees Game Night
The Bees (3-4-1) and Jackalopes (3-4-1) face off for the first time this season. Rio looks to snap a four-game losing skid (0-3-1) in which they've been outscored 21-14. Odessa has won their last two outings after being blanked in the previous two games. The Bees trail third place Austin by one point in the Southeast Division while Odessa is two points behind third place Amarillo in the Southwest.
Radio: ESPN 1240 (Rich Bocchini)
Internet: Live Audio at killerbeehockey.com; audio/video stream at chltv.com
Notes: Friday's game will be live on Jammin' 104.9/95.3 FM...Broadcasts shift back to ESPN 1240 beginning this Saturday night.
Steve Shrum, Mike Rutter and Mike Ramsay lead the scoring charge for the Jacks...Shrum (6-3-9) and Rutter (3-6-9) lead the team overall, while Ramsay is second in goals with four...D-Man Scott Hillman leads the club with seven assists...Goalie Mike Gorman is back in net for the Jacks for his fourth season. He played 47 games last season going 26-16-3 with two shutouts.
TEAM VS. TEAM
ALL TIME SERIES
Rio is 7-5-0-0 (4-2-0-0 at home, 3-3-0-0 on the road).
First of four meetings (1 home, 3 road)
The Bees shut out Odessa 4-0 on the last day of the 2005-06 season (3/26/06) to secure a playoff bid. Evan Lindsay made 30 saves and Ryan Shmyr had the game-winner.
November 16 -- 7:00 PM at Odessa
November 17 -- 7:35 PM New Mexico Scorpions
November 18 -- 7:35 PM Arizona Sundogs
November 22 -- 7:35 PM Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
November 24 -- 7:05 PM at Bossier
NOTES OF THE NIGHT
- The Bees have scored a power play goal in all but one game this season. They have multiple power goals in five of eight games.
- Rio is 1-2-1 when allowing the first goal and 2-2 when scoring first.
- The Bees are 0-3-0 when trailing after the first period, and 0-4-1 when trailing after two. They are 3-0 when leading after two.
- Rio managed just five shots in the third period vs. Austin on Nov. 11, a season low. They set a season high for shots in the first period with 18.
- Austin scored goals 11 seconds apart last Saturday, setting a new opponent record for quickest goals.
- The Bees tied a franchise record with three power play goals vs. Corpus Christi on Oct. 27. It's happened three other times, the last being a 3-for-5 night on Dec. 28, 2004 vs. Laredo.
- Tonight is one of two Thursday games this season for Rio; they face Corpus Christi at home on Thursday, Feb. 1.
- Tonight begins the first of 12 three-in-three stretches for the Bees. The next one is Dec. 1-3. The Bees close the season with a trio of three-in-three weekends in March.
Killer Bees Opponent
Points Reynolds, Cirone (10) Shrum, Rutter (9)
Goals Reynolds (5) Shrum (6)
Assists Cirone (7) McNabb (6)
PP Goals Newson, Reynolds (3) Tucciarone(2)
SH Goals Reynolds (1) McNabb (2)
GW Goals Reynolds (2) Several (1)
PIM Carrigan (20) Dougherty (24)
Shots Reynolds (38) McNabb (34)
+ / - Several (E) Holmgren (+3)
11/14/06 DEL Hult, Alexander (C) waived
11/14/06 ADD Looby, Mike (D) signed contract
11/11/06 ADD Looby, Mike (D) claimed off waivers
11/09/06 ADD Voltera, Rob (RW) signed contract
11/06/06 DEL Faris, Mark (RW) waived
10/27/06 ADD OLeary, Mark (LW) signed contract
10/27/06 DEL Bickel, Ted (F) waived
KILLER BEES GOALIE NOTES
- Is 0-2-0 in last two outings.
- Earned first pro win with 24 saves in second pro start at Laredo on October 28.
- Teammate and roommate of Killer Bee Ryan Carrigan at Niagara from 2003-05.
- Ranks first on CHA chart in career wins and minutes.
- Made an NCAA season-high 59 saves in a 7-1 loss at Minnesota on Jan. 7, 2006.
- Is 0-1-1 in last two outings.
- Earned a 2-1 win with 24 saves in his first pro start (Oct. 21 vs. Arizona).
- Graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Human Kinetics in 2006.
KILLER BEES PLAYER NOTES
O' LEARY, CASEY AND MATHIEU NET FIRST PRO GOALS
Mark O'Leary, Joe Casey and Max Mathieu each netted their first pro goals Nov. 4 vs. Lubbock. O'Leary has not officially been credited yet - he tipped home a Ryan Carrigan shot to open the scoring. The scoring change is pending with the CHL.
DULLE RIFLES 13 SHOTS ON OPENING WEEKEND
Kurtis Dulle had 10 shots on goal in Friday's season-opening loss and was held off the score sheet. He put three shots on Arizona netminder Kris Mayotte on Saturday and collected a goal and an assist. The 10 shots is tied with Oklahoma City's Marty Standish for a CHL season high.
ROBERT NETS TWO IN FIRST PRO GAME
Jonathan Robert scored twice in his pro debut (Oct. 20 vs. Arizona)
Joe Casey - points in three (1-2-3), assists in two (0-2-2)
Ryan Carrigan - points in four (1-3-4)
Rob Voltera - assists in two (0-2-2)
Kurtis Dulle - points in two (1-1-2)
Jason Cirone - points in four (2-5-7), assists in four
4-ON-4 FOR: 2
4-ON-4 AGAINST: 2
- They tied a franchise record with three power play goals on Oct. 27.
- The team has at least one PPG in all but one game this season.
- The Bees allowed four power play goals on opening night (4-for-9).
- The PK has allowed a PPG in four straight.
- The opposition has not scored multiple PPG since opening night.
OVERTIME AND SHOOTOUTS
Overtime Nov. 11, 2006 - 6-5 loss vs. Austin (John McNabb)
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2006
- Bugs fall 3-2 in Lubbock - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bees get back into win column with 2-1 victory - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- SteelHounds drop second straight in a shootout - Youngstown SteelHounds
- RiverKings to help take a bite out of crime - Mississippi RiverKings
- Laredo Bucks Weekly Update - Laredo Bucks
- Rocky Mountain Rivalry Takes Center Stage - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Eagles Add Forward, Seth Leonard Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings players waited tables for charity Tuesday - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rage in the Community - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Rayz game airs tonight on 1150AM KCCT - Corpus Christi IceRays
- SteelHounds vs. Oilers Game Preview - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Former RiverKings coach Doug Shedden to coach Finnish national team - Mississippi RiverKings
- Cotton Kings Home Game Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Killer Bees Game Night - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Ice Bats in Division Hunt - Austin Ice Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.