Rocky Mountain Rivalry Takes Center Stage
Broomfield, Colo. - Separated by just 48 miles along the Front Range, the Central Hockey League's Rocky Mountain Rage and Colorado Eagles kick-off a home-and-home series tomorrow at the Broomfield Event Center at 7:05 p.m. The Northwest Division rivals then turn right around and play each other on Saturday at the Budweiser Events Center in Loveland at 7:05 p.m.
The Rage won the teams' first meeting on the opening night of the season on Oct. 20 in Loveland, 5-4, behind single goals from five different players and an outstanding 38-save effort from goaltender David Guererra.
It is "Paint the House Red Rivalry Night" at the BEC tomorrow, and all fans are asked to wear RED to show support of the Rage.
Rocky Mountain enters tomorrow's contest riding a two-game home winning streak following Tuesday's 5-2 victory against the Wichita Thunder, which was highlighted by a five-point (2g-3a) performance from second-year pro Nick Warriner.
The Rocky Mountain Rivalry will feature a total of 12 clashes between the Rage and Eagles this season, including another two-game, home-and-home set on Nov. 24 (Loveland) and 25 (Broomfield) and four showdowns during the month of December.
Single-game tickets for tomorrow's Rocky Mountain Rivalry tilt and every other Rage home game are on sale with prices ranging from $15-$40 per seat. Tickets may be purchased online at www.BroomfieldEventCenter.com, by calling 303-410-TIXS, or at the Broomfield Event Center box office (11450 Broomfield Ln., Broomfield, 80021). Season tickets, mini-packs, and group plans are also available for the 2006-07 season by calling 303-439-RAGE. For more information, visit www.RockyMountainRage.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2006
- Bugs fall 3-2 in Lubbock - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bees get back into win column with 2-1 victory - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- SteelHounds drop second straight in a shootout - Youngstown SteelHounds
- RiverKings to help take a bite out of crime - Mississippi RiverKings
- Laredo Bucks Weekly Update - Laredo Bucks
- Rocky Mountain Rivalry Takes Center Stage - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Eagles Add Forward, Seth Leonard Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings players waited tables for charity Tuesday - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rage in the Community - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Rayz game airs tonight on 1150AM KCCT - Corpus Christi IceRays
- SteelHounds vs. Oilers Game Preview - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Former RiverKings coach Doug Shedden to coach Finnish national team - Mississippi RiverKings
- Cotton Kings Home Game Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Killer Bees Game Night - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Ice Bats in Division Hunt - Austin Ice Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.