Rage Lose Aaron Davis for the Playoffs
Broomfield, Colo. - The Rocky Mountain Rage received disheartening injury news for the second time in less than a week when it was learned late yesterday that veteran centerman Aaron Davis will miss the Ray Miron President's Cup Playoffs due to a season-ending injury.
Game One of the Rage's Opening Round best-of-three series against the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs is tonight at Broomfield Event Center at 7:05 p.m.
Davis was diagnosed yesterday with a blood clot in his leg. He will be fine and is being treated and monitored by the team's medical staff, who expect him to make a full recovery.
The injury was discovered before last night's playoff roster deadline. Davis will be replaced on the roster by Mike Bulawka.
Over the team's final three regular season games, Rocky Mountain lost two veteran players for the year. In addition to Davis, leading defensive scorer Tyler Butler was also placed on season-ending injured reserve due to a shoulder injury he suffered on March 19 against the Colorado Eagles.
After tonight's tilt between the Rage and Mudbugs, the teams travel to the CenturyTel Center in Bossier City, La., for Game Two of their series on Wednesday, March 25, and, if necessary, Game Three on Thursday, March 26. Face-off time for both contests is 6:05 p.m. MDT.
Playoff tickets for Game One at the BEC are still available, with prices remaining the same as the regular season: $5 kids tickets (12 & under); $10 student tickets with ID; and $22 - $44 adult tickets. Tickets can be purchased at the BEC Box Office, www.Ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster outlets, or Charge-by-Phone at 800-745-3000.
All the play-by-play action of every game in the series will be carried live on the CHL Network at www.rockymountainrage.com beginning approximately five minutes before the scheduled face-off.
*Revised* 2009 Rocky Mountain Rage Playoff Roster:
Forwards (12) - Mike Bulawka (LW), Nathan Gillies (RW), Colt King (LW), Domenic Maiani (RW), Ryan McDonald (C), Ryan McLeod (C), David Morelli (C), Nathan O'Nabigon (LW), Daymen Rycroft (C), Simon Watson (C), Chevan Wilson (C), Scott Wray (LW)
Defensemen (7) - Preston Briggs, Rob Chappell, Nick Harloff, Jarred Mohr, Clay Plume, Mark Smith, Pat Sutton
Goaltenders (3) - Marty Magers, Scott Reid, Terry Dunbar (Emergency Back-up)
* Tyler Butler and Aaron Davis are not officially on the playoff roster due to their respective season-ending injuries.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2009
- Reid Steals Game One for Rocky Mountain - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bees Take Game One With 5-1 Victory - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- IceRays Drop Game One 5-1 to Killer Bees - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Ftorek falls short in 72 oz. steak challenge - Amarillo Gorillas
- Bucky Arrested By Sheriff Cuellar! Bail Set At $5 Tickets - Laredo Bucks
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- Odessa's Sebastien Thinel Named CHL's Most Valuable Player - CHL
- Bucks Offer Great Specials At Home Playoff Games - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs to Host Player Farewell Tuesday from 6:00-8:00pm - Arizona Sundogs
- Rage Lose Aaron Davis for the Playoffs - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Season Wrap-up - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings Announce Playoff Ticket Information - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder Finishes Season - Wichita Thunder
- Playoffs Begin on Friday March 27th vs. Laredo - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.