Laredo Bucks Weekly Update
LAREDO, Texas - The Laredo Bucks went 3-0-0 this past week. Laredo beat Rio Grande Valley 5-2 on the road on Friday. On Saturday the Bucks rallied for a 3-2 overtime win over Bossier-Shreveport at the LEC. Wednesday Laredo beat New Mexico 4-1 at home. The Bucks posted their fifth straight win as they improved their Southeast Division best record to 7-3-0 with 14 points. Laredo is on the road in Memphis on Friday and Saturday night. The Bucks return home to begin a three game home stand on Wednesday, November 22nd, against Lubbock. The first 2,500 fans get a Coach 'Rosco' bobble head courtesy of AT&T and Cingular. Plus the LEC is offering $1 draft beer from 6 p.m. to the end of the first period intermission. The Bucks are offering a family four pack of season tickets for the 2006-07 CHL regular season, which works out to just over $7 a seat per game and is a 48 % savings off walkup prices. For more info on 2006-07 Bucks season tickets log onto www.laredobucks.com or call (956) 718-BUCK (2825).
- The Bucks are extending an offer from their family to yours for the Thanksgiving holiday. The Bucks are offering a family four pack of tickets for $48 for the games on Wednesday, November 22nd, and Friday November 24th at the LEC. Happy Thanksgiving from the Laredo Bucks.
- The Bucks return home to begin a three game home stand on Wednesday, November 22nd, against Lubbock. The first 2,500 fans get a Coach 'Rosco' bobble head courtesy of AT&T and Cingular. Plus the LEC is offering $1 draft beer from 6 p.m. to the end of the first period intermission.
BUCKS OVERALL RECORD: 7-3-0 ( 14 Points, 1st in SE Division )-----Won Five
BUCKS HOME RECORD: 3-2-0-----Won Three
BUCKS ROAD RECORD: 4-1-0-----Won Three
BUCKS VERSUS UPCOMING OPPONENTS
- MEMPHIS RIVERKINGS -
2005-06 Regular Season: The Bucks were 3-0-0 against Memphis, including 1- 0-0 in Memphis. All-Time: The Bucks are 6-2-0 against Memphis, including 2-2-0 in Memphis.
- Laredo has won five straight games, their longest win streak of the season, and tied for the longest current win streak in the CHL with MEM. It started on 11/03 at AUS with a 6-5 overtime win.
- Laredo is 20-8-5 in their last 33 regular season road games dating back to 05-06. The Bucks are 4-1-0 on the road in 06-07.
BUCKS HOME RECORD
- Despite starting out 0-2-0 in 2006-07 at the LEC the Bucks are 105-18-8 all-time at home in regular season franchise history. Laredo is now 3-2-0 at home and the Bucks have won 38 of their last 45 regular season home games dating back to the 04-05 season.
- Laredo has had a player score multiple goals in five straight games. Bobby Chaumont on 11/03, Chris Korchinski on 11/04, Igor Agarunov on 11/10, Leo Thomas on 11/11 and 11/15.
- Laredo is 6-0-0 this season when they score four goals or more.
HOLD THEM DOWN
- Laredo is 5-0-0 when they allowed two goals or less.
- Laredo came from an early 2-0 deficit on 11/10 to rally for a 5-2 win over RGV. It was the biggest comeback win of the season for the Bucks. In their next game Laredo came from an early 2-0 deficit on 11/11 to rally for a 3-2 overtime win over BOS.
DÉJÀ VU ALL OVER AGAIN
- Bucks rookie forward Bobby Chaumont scored the game winner in overtime on 11/11 vs. BOS. The Bucks are 2-0 in sudden death this season with Chaumont potting both OT goals.
PENALTY KILL IMPROVES
- Laredo has stopped 19 of the last 21 opposition power play chances (90.5 %).
POWER PLAY NUMBER
- Laredo was 2-8 on the power play on 11/15 against NMX. Laredo is 12 for their last 51 (23.5 %) on the power play and has scored in six of the last seven games.
- Laredo set a season high with 39 shots in a 3-2 OT win over BOS on 11/11. In addition the Bucks tied a season high with 18 first period shots on 11/11 against BOS, also done on 10/31 against COR.
BUCKS WEEKLY GAME RECAPS - 11/15/06 - WEDNESDAY - vs. NEW MEXICO - The defending CHL President's Cup Champion Laredo Bucks got a pair of goals from forward Leo Thomas as they beat the New Mexico Scorpions 4-1 at the LEC on Wednesday night. The Bucks posted their fifth straight win as they improved their Southeast Division best record to 7-3-0 with 14 points. Nathan Marsters stopped 23 of 24 shots to get the win and improve to 3-2-0. Walter Bartholomaeus allowed four goals on 26 shots and fell to 1-4-0. FINAL SCORE Laredo 4, New Mexico 1.
Shots Laredo 26 NMX 24
PP Laredo 2-8 NMX 1-8
- 11/11/06 - SATURDAY - vs. BOSSIER-SHREVEPORT - The defending CHL President's Cup Champion Laredo Bucks rallied for an early two goal deficit and beat the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs 3-2 in sudden death overtime in front of 5,515 fans at the LEC on Saturday. Rookie forward Bobby Chaumont scored his second overtime winner of the season to give Laredo their fourth straight win and improve them to a Southeast Division best 6-3-0 with 12 points. Eric Marvin stopped 30 of 32 shots and improved to 4-1-0. John Decaro allowed three goals on 39 shots and fell to 2-2-3. FINAL SCORE Laredo 3, Bossier Shreveport 2 sudden death.
Shots Laredo 39 BOS 32
PP Laredo 0-6 BOS 0-4
- 11/10/06 - FRIDAY - @ RIO GRANDE VALLEY - The defending CHL President's Cup Champion Laredo Bucks rallied from an early deficit and beat the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees 5-2 in front of 5,147 fans at the Dodge Arena. Forward Igor Agarunov scored two goals to lead the Bucks to their season high third straight win. Laredo is 5-3-0 with 10 points and all alone in first place in the Southeast Division. Nathan Marsters stopped 24 of 26 shots and got the win to improve to 2-2-0. Jeff Van Nynatten allowed four goals on 22 shots and fell to 1-3-0. FINAL SCORE Laredo 5, Rio Grande Valley 2.
Shots Laredo 22 RGV 26
PP Laredo 1-6 RGV 0-5
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2006
- Bugs fall 3-2 in Lubbock - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bees get back into win column with 2-1 victory - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- SteelHounds drop second straight in a shootout - Youngstown SteelHounds
- RiverKings to help take a bite out of crime - Mississippi RiverKings
- Laredo Bucks Weekly Update - Laredo Bucks
- Rocky Mountain Rivalry Takes Center Stage - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Eagles Add Forward, Seth Leonard Signs with Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings players waited tables for charity Tuesday - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rage in the Community - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Rayz game airs tonight on 1150AM KCCT - Corpus Christi IceRays
- SteelHounds vs. Oilers Game Preview - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Former RiverKings coach Doug Shedden to coach Finnish national team - Mississippi RiverKings
- Cotton Kings Home Game Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Killer Bees Game Night - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Ice Bats in Division Hunt - Austin Ice Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.