Eagles Add Experienced Defenseman Falk, Ottenbreit Reassigned
WINDSOR, CO. - The Colorado Eagles, proud AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, have announced that the team has signed defenseman Justin Falk to a professional tryout agreement. The 6-foot-5, 225-pound blueliner comes to Colorado having played 269 games in the NHL with Minnesota, Buffalo, Columbus and the New York Rangers. Falk has notched three goals and 30 assists during that time and has also posted 42 points in 270 AHL games with Rochester, Lake Erie, Iowa, and Houston. He would go on to help Lake Erie capture an AHL Calder Cup Championship in 2016.
Originally drafted by Minnesota in the fourth round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, Falk appeared in 46 games with the Sabres last season, registering one goal, one assist and 28 penalty minutes. In addition to his time at the professional level, the 30 year-old generated 51 points in 191 games in the WHL with Spokane and Calgary. He also helped lead the Chiefs to a WHL Championship and a Memorial Cup Championship during the 2007-08 campaign. He would be named to the CHL Memorial Cup All-Star Team that same season.
In a separate transaction, defenseman Turner Ottenbreit has been reassigned to the Eagles ECHL affiliate, the Utah Grizzlies.
The Eagles return to action on Friday, November 2nd when they host the Tucson Roadrunners at the Budweiser Events Center at 7:05pm MT.
Single-game tickets for the 2018-19 season are on-sale now and start at just $18 per seat. Purchase your seats today by visiting the Budweiser Events Center box office, online at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the Eagles ticketing department at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 29, 2018
- Week 4 Report: Hogs Stumble After Point Streak Hits 5 - Rockford IceHogs
- Stick It to Cancer this Saturday with the Stockton Heat & Dignity Health St. Joseph's Medical Center - Stockton Heat
- Ontario Reign Release Holiday Plan - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Present Salute to Candy Corn - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night on Sunday - Hershey Bears
- Roadrunners Weekly - Tucson Roadrunners
- Jordan Kyrou Assigned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Nolan Wells Named Official Stylist of Springfield Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- IceHogs Recall Welychka from Indy, Assign Lankinen to Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: October 29 - Manitoba Moose
- Comets Sign Goaltender Connor Lacouvee to a PTO - Utica Comets
- Reign Sign Evan Buitenhuis to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Amerks Hit the Books for 14th Straight Season - Rochester Americans
- Eagles Add Experienced Defenseman Falk, Ottenbreit Reassigned - Colorado Eagles
- Monsters Announce New HocKEY Assist Program - Cleveland Monsters
- Conor Garland Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Tucson Roadrunners
- Tucson's Conor Garland Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 29-November 4 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Red Wings Reassign Sadowy, Griffins Assign Yates - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blues Announce Multiple Roster Moves - San Antonio Rampage
- Utica Comets to be Recognized as First Purple Heart Hockey Club - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Colorado Eagles Clinch Playoff Spot, First Round Schedule Announced
- Eagles Defeat San Jose 3-2, Punch Ticket to Playoffs
- Barracuda Score Three Unanswered to Top Eagles, 3-1
- Forward Travis Barron Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Earn Big Points in 3-2 Shootout Win over Wolves