Dust Devils Suffer Series Finale Shutout
The Tri-City Dust Devils (2-3) were held scoreless for the first time this season as the team fell on Tuesday night 4-0 to the Salem Keizer Volcanoes. Outfielder Aldemar Burgos had two of Tri-City's four hits in the loss.
The offense went quiet in the second half of the game for the Dust Devils. Tri-City was only able to produce one hit after the third inning. Starting pitcher Ramon Perez suffered the loss after allowing one run, which was unearned, in his four innings of work. The Dust Devils will return to Gesa Stadium for the home opener on Wednesday night. Tri-City will send right-hander Angel Acevedo to the mound to begin the three-game series with the Spokane Indians.
The Dust Devils return to Gesa Stadium tonight for the team's home opener! Fans in attendance will receive a 2018 Magnet Schedule courtesy of Tri-Cities Community Health and there will be a Post-Game Fireworks Show after the game presented by CO-Energy. Great seats are still available by calling the Dust Devils' front office at (509) 544-8789 or by going to www.dustdevilsbaseball.com to purchase tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from June 20, 2018
- How to Listen to / Watch Wednesday's Game - Hillsboro Hops
- Boise Hangs On, Wins 3-2 over Spokane - Boise Hawks
- Spokane Uses Long-Ball to Beat Boise 8-4 - Boise Hawks
- Dust Devils Suffer Series Finale Shutout - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Frogs Pen Hops for Second Straight Night - Hillsboro Hops
- AquaSox Swing to Victory against Hops, 7-5 - Everett AquaSox
- Monarcas Fall in Series Finale - Eugene Emeralds
- Spokane Offense Powers Them to Victory - Spokane Indians
- Canadians Head Home With 4-1 Win Over Emeralds - Vancouver Canadians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.