Dunkin' Donuts Announced as Presenting Sponsor of 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Classic
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch announced today that Dunkin' Donuts will be a presenting sponsor of the 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Classic taking place in Syracuse on Jan. 31 and Feb. 1.
Dunkin' Donuts will be featured prominently throughout the two day-long event and at the Fan Fest located in the Oncenter.
Dunkin' Donuts guests who bring a receipt showing purchase of any Dunkin' Donuts products or show their DD Perks App to the War Memorial Box Office or to the Crunch Office will be able to purchase a ticket to the 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Classic for only $52, a discount of $8 from the regular price of $60. Additional facility fees may apply.
The 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Skills Competition on Jan. 31 (8 p.m. ET) will keep its traditional format, with All-Stars from the Eastern Conference squaring off against All-Stars from the Western Conference in seven skills events.
The 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Challenge will take place on the evening of Feb. 1 (7 p.m. ET). Instead of a traditional 60-minute game, the AHL's All-Stars will be divided into four teams, one representing each of the league's divisions (Atlantic, North, Central, Pacific). The teams will then play a round-robin tournament featuring six games of nine minutes each; the first half of each game will be played at 4-on-4, and the second half at 3-on-3. The two teams with the best records at the end of the round-robin tournament will face off for the championship, a six-minute game played at 3-on-3.
The 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Classic in Syracuse will feature the top young talent in the American Hockey League: Of the 679 players to take part in the AHL All-Star Classic since 1995, more than 93 percent have competed in the National Hockey League, including Patrice Bergeron, Ben Bishop, Troy Brouwer, Ryan Callahan, Zdeno Chara, Logan Couture, Jiri Hudler, Tyler Johnson, Chris Kunitz, Ryan Miller, Gustav Nyquist, Zach Parise,Tuukka Rask, Pekka Rinne, Bobby Ryan, Cory Schneider, Patrick Sharp, Jason Spezza, Eric Staal, P.K. Subban and Mats Zuccarello.
In operation since 1936 and celebrating its 80th-anniversary season in 2015-16, the AHL continues to serve as the top development league for all 30 National Hockey League teams. More than 88 percent of today's NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and for the 14th year in a row, more than 6 million fans attended AHL games across North America in 2014-15.
Syracuse Crunch single game and season tickets are on sale now and can be purchased either in person at the Crunch Box Office located in the War Memorial at 800 South State Street in Syracuse or by calling the office at 315-473-4444. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@officialsyracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch and #BelieveInBlue.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2016
- Monsters Blanked by Moose, 4-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- B-Sens End Back-And-Forth Game with 4-3 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Comets Nab Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Toronto - Utica Comets
- Wedgewood Posts Shutout; Albany Devils Home Streak Continues - Albany Devils
- Checkers Roar Past Grand Rapids for Comeback Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Fall to Senators, 4-3, in OT - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Get Shutout in Albany - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Come from Behind Twice for 6-4 Victory - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Trumped by Penguins - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Extend Lease Agreement with Broome County - Binghamton Senators
- Trupp Visits Villa Park for Chicago Wolves' Read to Succeed Program - Chicago Wolves
- Canucks Assign Chris Higgins to Comets - Utica Comets
- San Diego Gulls Ink Larraza to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Hope for Heather to Hold Teal Gate Game January 16 - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Recall D Ben Betker from Norfolk - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Announce Time Change for Two Games - Cleveland Monsters
- Avalanche Reassigns Brandon Gormley to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Chicago Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Dunkin' Donuts Announced as Presenting Sponsor of 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Classic - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Welcome in San Antonio for the First Time to Stockton Arena Tonight at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Oilers Recall Winger Zack Kassian from Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Partner with Seneca Waterways Council to Offer Salesmanship Merit Badge for Boy Scouts - Rochester Americans
- Jets Recall Halischuk; Place Scheifele on IR - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Rochester Americans, 7 PM - Albany Devils
- IceHogs Kick-Off Eight-Game Homestand in Style - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Training Camp Schedule
- Syracuse Crunch Welcome to Town Event at Turning Stone Resort Casino October 2
- Syracuse Crunch Single Game Tickets on Sale September 12
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward Mikhail Shalagin to AHL Contract
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Preseason Schedule