Amerks Partner with Seneca Waterways Council to Offer Salesmanship Merit Badge for Boy Scouts
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans announced today that the team has partnered with the Seneca Waterways Council for the second straight year to offer Boy Scouts the opportunity to earn Salesmanship Merit Badge.
The unique sales training experience will require scouts to attend three separate sessions prior to Amerks home games (Feb. 12, Mar. 5 and Apr. 9) during the coming weeks. The first two sessions will focus on sales methodology and techniques. The final project to complete the program will require Scouts to develop a sales plan and implement it by selling tickets for the Apr. 9 Scout Night when the Amerks host the Lake Erie Monsters. The top sellers will receive special prizes and Scouts who complete all aspects of the program will earn Salesmanship Merit Badge and be recognized during the Apr. 9 game. A portion of each ticket sold through this program will be donated to the Seneca Waterways Council.
The Salesmanship Merit Badge program will be limited to the first 100 Scouts that sign up. Attendance at all three dates is required to complete the program. Each meeting will last one hour (5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) and each Scout will receive one ticket to that night's game. The cost to sign up for the program is $45 per scout and includes a ticket to each of the three games.
For more information or to sign up for the program, visit www.amerks.com/bsameritbadge.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2016
- Monsters Blanked by Moose, 4-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- B-Sens End Back-And-Forth Game with 4-3 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Comets Nab Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Toronto - Utica Comets
- Wedgewood Posts Shutout; Albany Devils Home Streak Continues - Albany Devils
- Checkers Roar Past Grand Rapids for Comeback Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Fall to Senators, 4-3, in OT - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Get Shutout in Albany - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Come from Behind Twice for 6-4 Victory - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Trumped by Penguins - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Extend Lease Agreement with Broome County - Binghamton Senators
- Trupp Visits Villa Park for Chicago Wolves' Read to Succeed Program - Chicago Wolves
- Canucks Assign Chris Higgins to Comets - Utica Comets
- San Diego Gulls Ink Larraza to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Hope for Heather to Hold Teal Gate Game January 16 - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Recall D Ben Betker from Norfolk - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Announce Time Change for Two Games - Cleveland Monsters
- Avalanche Reassigns Brandon Gormley to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Chicago Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Dunkin' Donuts Announced as Presenting Sponsor of 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Classic - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Welcome in San Antonio for the First Time to Stockton Arena Tonight at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Oilers Recall Winger Zack Kassian from Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Partner with Seneca Waterways Council to Offer Salesmanship Merit Badge for Boy Scouts - Rochester Americans
- Jets Recall Halischuk; Place Scheifele on IR - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Rochester Americans, 7 PM - Albany Devils
- IceHogs Kick-Off Eight-Game Homestand in Style - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.