Monsters Blanked by Moose, 4-0
WINNIPEG, MB - In the final meeting between the two teams at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, MB this season, Cleveland's Lake Erie Monsters were defeated by the Manitoba Moose on Wednesday by a final score of 4-0. With the loss, the Monsters fell to 19-13-2-3 overall this season and with a .581 points percentage, remain alone in fifth place in the AHL's Central Division standings.
The Moose grabbed a 1-0 lead on Wednesday as, with just seconds remaining in the opening period, Manitoba's JC Lipon posted an even-strength wrap-around marker at 19:48. In the middle frame, Manitoba rattled off a pair of goals, both from Chase De Leo, on the power-play at 4:32 and at even-strength at 6:47 to grant the Moose a 3-0 lead heading into the final stanza.
The final period's lone goal went Manitoba's way at 13:00 when Jiri Fronk established the Moose's final margin of victory at even-strength. Eric Comrie posted his first shutout of the season between the pipes for Manitoba by virtue of a 24-save performance while Brad Thiessen fell to 2-1-1 in net for the Monsters despite providing 28 stops for Lake Erie. Wednesday's defeat was the Monsters' first regulation shutout loss this season.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Friday road clash vs. the Grand Rapids Griffins with full coverage underway from Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, MI at 7:00 pm on ESPN 850 WKNR and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Tickets for every Monsters home game start at just $10 and are on sale now! Full and partial season ticket memberships are also available and provide you with the best seat locations, custom member benefits and the lowest ticket prices. Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting LakeErieMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000, visiting The Q Box Office or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lakeeriemonsters, and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/monstershockey.
Images from this story
Lake Erie Monsters vs. the Manitoba Moose
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2016
- Monsters Blanked by Moose, 4-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- B-Sens End Back-And-Forth Game with 4-3 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Comets Nab Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Toronto - Utica Comets
- Wedgewood Posts Shutout; Albany Devils Home Streak Continues - Albany Devils
- Checkers Roar Past Grand Rapids for Comeback Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Fall to Senators, 4-3, in OT - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Get Shutout in Albany - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Come from Behind Twice for 6-4 Victory - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Trumped by Penguins - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Extend Lease Agreement with Broome County - Binghamton Senators
- Trupp Visits Villa Park for Chicago Wolves' Read to Succeed Program - Chicago Wolves
- Canucks Assign Chris Higgins to Comets - Utica Comets
- San Diego Gulls Ink Larraza to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Hope for Heather to Hold Teal Gate Game January 16 - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Recall D Ben Betker from Norfolk - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Announce Time Change for Two Games - Cleveland Monsters
- Avalanche Reassigns Brandon Gormley to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Chicago Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Dunkin' Donuts Announced as Presenting Sponsor of 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Classic - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Welcome in San Antonio for the First Time to Stockton Arena Tonight at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Oilers Recall Winger Zack Kassian from Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Partner with Seneca Waterways Council to Offer Salesmanship Merit Badge for Boy Scouts - Rochester Americans
- Jets Recall Halischuk; Place Scheifele on IR - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Rochester Americans, 7 PM - Albany Devils
- IceHogs Kick-Off Eight-Game Homestand in Style - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Wyatt Newpower to AHL Contract
- Doyle Somerby Named Cleveland Monsters 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- American Hockey League Suspends Play
- Monsters Gain Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Checkers
- COVID-19 Statement from Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse