B-Sens Extend Lease Agreement with Broome County
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators, top affiliate to the National Hockey League's Ottawa Senators, announced they have reached an agreement with Broome County to have their home games played at the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena through the 2018-19 season. This lease agreement with the county now aligns with the B-Sens current affiliation agreement with the Ottawa Senators.
The Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena, formally known as the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, has hosted all of the B-Sens home games since their inception into the American Hockey League in 2002. Built in 1972, the Arena has housed several top-tier hockey teams including the Broome Dusters of the North American Hockey League from 1973-1977, the Binghamton Whalers (1980-1990) and Binghamton Rangers (1990-1997) both of the AHL as well as the B.C. Icemen of the now defunct United Hockey League from 1997-2002.
"We are excited to ensure the Binghamton Senators will continue to call the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena home through the 2018-2019 season," says Broome County Executive Debbie Preston. "Thousands of people cheer this team on each year, as they are part of the fabric of our community and I want to thank the ownership group for working with us and giving the fans a quality hockey product in Broome County."
The excitement of the extension with Broome County is echoed throughout the Binghamton Senators staff as well as its ownership.
"Our ownership group is dedicated to keeping the AHL and the B-Sens alive and well in the Southern Tier," says Executive Vice President of Operations Tom Mitchell. "Extending our lease, along with the option to extend it even further, is paramount to not only the ownership group, but the entire local community. The extension is a great example of local government working with the private sector for the good of the people."
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2016
- Monsters Blanked by Moose, 4-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- B-Sens End Back-And-Forth Game with 4-3 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Comets Nab Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Toronto - Utica Comets
- Wedgewood Posts Shutout; Albany Devils Home Streak Continues - Albany Devils
- Checkers Roar Past Grand Rapids for Comeback Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Fall to Senators, 4-3, in OT - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Get Shutout in Albany - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Come from Behind Twice for 6-4 Victory - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Trumped by Penguins - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Extend Lease Agreement with Broome County - Binghamton Senators
- Trupp Visits Villa Park for Chicago Wolves' Read to Succeed Program - Chicago Wolves
- Canucks Assign Chris Higgins to Comets - Utica Comets
- San Diego Gulls Ink Larraza to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Hope for Heather to Hold Teal Gate Game January 16 - Syracuse Crunch
- Condors Recall D Ben Betker from Norfolk - Bakersfield Condors
- Monsters Announce Time Change for Two Games - Cleveland Monsters
- Avalanche Reassigns Brandon Gormley to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Chicago Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Dunkin' Donuts Announced as Presenting Sponsor of 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Classic - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Welcome in San Antonio for the First Time to Stockton Arena Tonight at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Oilers Recall Winger Zack Kassian from Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Amerks Partner with Seneca Waterways Council to Offer Salesmanship Merit Badge for Boy Scouts - Rochester Americans
- Jets Recall Halischuk; Place Scheifele on IR - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day: Albany Devils vs. Rochester Americans, 7 PM - Albany Devils
- IceHogs Kick-Off Eight-Game Homestand in Style - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.