Ducks sign LW Casey Hankinson to AHL contract
CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Cincinnati Mighty Ducks president/CEO Pete Robinson announced today that the American Hockey League (AHL) club has signed free agent left wing Casey Hankinson to a contract. Per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Hankinson, 28, had 15 goals and 23 assists with 123 penalty minutes in 78 games with Cincinnati last season. The 6-foot-1, 202-pounder added four goals and one assist with 10 penalty minutes in nine playoff games. Hankinson also appeared in four games with Anaheim, going scoreless with four penalty minutes.
The native of Edina, Minnesota served as the Ducks' captain last season and was named the club's American Specialty/AHL Man of the Year for his contributions to the greater Cincinnati community and charitable organizations.
"Casey is a fierce competitor and an individual that epitomizes what leadership is," Robinson said. "We know from experience he'll be a welcome addition to our organization, both on and off the ice."
A seven-year pro, Hankinson was originally selected by Chicago in the eighth round, 201st overall, in the 1995 NHL Entry Draft. He has recorded 216 points (101 goals, 115 assists) in 369 career AHL games with Portland, Norfolk and Cincinnati. He has also tallied one assist and 13 penalty minutes in 18 career NHL games with Chicago and Anaheim.
Hankinson will begin practicing with the team next week in Cincinnati. He is expected to be available to make his season debut when the Ducks face Grand Rapids Friday, December 10 at 7:35 p.m. at Cincinnati Gardens.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2004
- Wolves get overtime winner on power play - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Horton sinks Aeros in OT - Houston Aeros
- Sound Tigers Outslug WBS Pens 4-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stoll's three goals fells Ducks - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Bruins drop heartbreaker to Manchester - Providence Bruins
- Falcons Upend Portland in Overtime, 2-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Shootout stings IceCats - Worcester IceCats
- Lucky seven, Griffins beat Admirals 1-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Garon Stars In Monarchs 12th Straight Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Lawson does it again, Bears win 1-0 in shootout thriller - Hershey Bears
- Bears new merchandise site is here - Hershey Bears
- Ducks sign LW Casey Hankinson to AHL contract - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Grizzlies Sign Sam Paolini - Utah Grizzlies
- Crunch Announce Details of Canandaigua Wine Company Score For Breast Cancer Awareness Program - Syracuse Crunch
- Teddy Bear Toss, Toy Drive set for December 18 - Houston Aeros
- Penner Reassigned to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Game Day - San Antonio Rampage
- U.S. Army High School Night at the Crunch, Presented by Morrisville State College - Syracuse Crunch
- Aeros host Rampage on Jersey Ornament Night - Houston Aeros
- AHL quick hits - AHL
- Goren hat trick leads Moose over Ducks - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Reassign Klein to Rockford - Milwaukee Admirals
Other Recent Cincinnati RailRaiders Stories
- RailRaiders fall short of ticket goal
- Get on Board and talk hockey with other RailRaiders Fans
- ESPN Hockey analyst Barry Melrose to speak at RailRaiders symposium
- RailRaiders announce schedule of events
- RailRaiders tap Game Day Communications to help with marketing and fan development plan