Crunch Announce Details of Canandaigua Wine Company Score For Breast Cancer Awareness Program
Syracuse, NY (December 3, 2003) - The Syracuse Crunch announced today that they have teamed up with the Canandaigua Wine Company to help raise money in the fight against breast cancer.
For each goal the Crunch score at home during the 2004-05 regular season (October April), the Canandaigua Wine Company will make a $10 donation to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation to fight breast cancer. Through nine home games this season, $210 has been raised.
Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation mission is to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease by funding research grants, supporting education, screening and treatment projects. Since its inception in1982, the Komen Foundation and its Affiliate Network, have raised $450 million for the fight against breast cancer. The Komen Foundation has awarded nearly 700 international grants totaling more than $87 million for breast cancer research projects.
Established in 1945, Canandaigua Wine Company today is the world's second largest wine company. Their commitment to producing, marketing and selling "quality wines for the enjoyment of everyday life"--at affordable prices-- resonates with consumers around the world. Canandaigua Wine Company has stated that their vision for the new millennium is that they will be the recognized leader and innovator in the production, marketing and sales of quality wines for the enjoyment of everyday life.
The Crunch hosts St. Johns on Saturday, December 4 for Scooby-Doo Night at the Crunch. Game time is 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Crunch office at (315) 473-4444, at the Oncenter Box Office, located on the State Street side of the War Memorial or by calling TicketMaster at (315) 472-0700.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2004
- Wolves get overtime winner on power play - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Horton sinks Aeros in OT - Houston Aeros
- Sound Tigers Outslug WBS Pens 4-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stoll's three goals fells Ducks - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Bruins drop heartbreaker to Manchester - Providence Bruins
- Falcons Upend Portland in Overtime, 2-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Shootout stings IceCats - Worcester IceCats
- Lucky seven, Griffins beat Admirals 1-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Garon Stars In Monarchs 12th Straight Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Lawson does it again, Bears win 1-0 in shootout thriller - Hershey Bears
- Bears new merchandise site is here - Hershey Bears
- Ducks sign LW Casey Hankinson to AHL contract - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Grizzlies Sign Sam Paolini - Utah Grizzlies
- Crunch Announce Details of Canandaigua Wine Company Score For Breast Cancer Awareness Program - Syracuse Crunch
- Teddy Bear Toss, Toy Drive set for December 18 - Houston Aeros
- Penner Reassigned to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Game Day - San Antonio Rampage
- U.S. Army High School Night at the Crunch, Presented by Morrisville State College - Syracuse Crunch
- Aeros host Rampage on Jersey Ornament Night - Houston Aeros
- AHL quick hits - AHL
- Goren hat trick leads Moose over Ducks - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Reassign Klein to Rockford - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch Present Donation to Upstate University Hospital
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward Nikita Pavlychev to AHL Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Free Agent Defenseman Sean Day
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team
- Syracuse Crunch Statement Regarding the Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season