Wolves get overtime winner on power play
Hamilton, ON - The Hamilton Bulldogs dropped a 2-1 decision in overtime at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton on Friday evening. Scoring the winner for Chicago was Cory Larose and Kari Lehtonen earned the win for the visiting Wolves.
Lehtonen stopped 31 of 32 shots while Yann Danis stopped 32 shots in a losing cause for the Bulldogs.
Chicago opened the scoring five minutes into the game on the power play. Veteran forward Steve Maltais fed Brad Larson, in front of the net, who then stuffed it in for his seventh of the season. The goal came at the 4:57 mark of the opening period.
In the second the Bulldogs held a 12-8 edge in shots but couldn't solve highly touted goalie prospect Kari Lehtonen.
The Bulldogs would get on the scoreboard and tie the game early in the third period on a goal by Duncan Milroy. Milroy took a pass from Andrei Kostitsyn and broke in alone on Lehtonen burying the puck in the top corner. The goal was the third on the season for Milroy and came at the 4:04 mark.
With three minutes left in the third the Bulldogs went on a five-on-three power play courtesy of slashing and unsportsmanlike penalties by the Wolves. They could not capitalize on the man-advantage and the teams then prepared for overtime.
In overtime the Wolves went on the power play and Cory Larose netted his seventh of the season on a slap shot that squeaked past Yann Danis. The overtime winner came at the 2:28 mark.
The Bulldogs' next action will take place on Saturday, December 4th when they will travel to Cleveland to take on the Barons. Game time will be 1:00pm and fans can listen to all the action live at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com or AM 820-CHAM.
Bulldogs season tickets are on sale now! For season tickets call the Bulldogs office at (905) 529-8500 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2004
- Wolves get overtime winner on power play - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Horton sinks Aeros in OT - Houston Aeros
- Sound Tigers Outslug WBS Pens 4-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stoll's three goals fells Ducks - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Bruins drop heartbreaker to Manchester - Providence Bruins
- Falcons Upend Portland in Overtime, 2-1 - Springfield Falcons
- Shootout stings IceCats - Worcester IceCats
- Lucky seven, Griffins beat Admirals 1-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Garon Stars In Monarchs 12th Straight Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Lawson does it again, Bears win 1-0 in shootout thriller - Hershey Bears
- Bears new merchandise site is here - Hershey Bears
- Ducks sign LW Casey Hankinson to AHL contract - Cincinnati RailRaiders
- Grizzlies Sign Sam Paolini - Utah Grizzlies
- Crunch Announce Details of Canandaigua Wine Company Score For Breast Cancer Awareness Program - Syracuse Crunch
- Teddy Bear Toss, Toy Drive set for December 18 - Houston Aeros
- Penner Reassigned to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Game Day - San Antonio Rampage
- U.S. Army High School Night at the Crunch, Presented by Morrisville State College - Syracuse Crunch
- Aeros host Rampage on Jersey Ornament Night - Houston Aeros
- AHL quick hits - AHL
- Goren hat trick leads Moose over Ducks - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Reassign Klein to Rockford - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.