Dogs to Host Gold Glove Charities Event Benefitting Children Fighting Cancer
Rosemont, Ill. - The Chicago Dogs, in conjunction with Gold Glove Charities of Kansas City, will host a special event recognizing children fighting cancer at their Saturday, September 1 home game at Impact Field.
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, with gold serving as the representative color. As a result, the Dogs will take the field in gold tinged jerseys with each adorning the name of a local child fighting cancer. The jerseys will be sold on the Impact Field concourse during the game via silent auction with all proceeds benefitting families with children affected by cancer.
The night will begin with an on-field meet-and-greet allowing the Dogs to interact with the children they represent at 5:00 p.m. The meet-and-greet, as well as its accompanying photoshoot, will be open to the press.
Gates will open to fans at 6:00 p.m. with the silent auction beginning promptly on the first base concourse. The auction will conclude upon the end of the seventh inning. Purchasers will be presented their jersey during an on-field ceremony.
Tickets to the game, which will also serve as Star Wars Night at Impact Field and will feature a post-game fireworks extravaganza, can be purchased in line at the Impact Field Ticket Office or online at www.thechicagodogs.com/tickets/. Fans with questions regarding tickets may call (847) 636-5450.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 31, 2018
- Goldeyes Sweep RedHawks & Dominate in Season Closer at Shaw Park - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs Swept in Sioux City, Head to Texas to Wrap 2018 - Texas AirHogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Saltdogs Rally to Win Home Finale - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Birds Comeback Falls Short in Home Finale - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Explorers Pick up 70th Win of Season - Sioux City Explorers
- Railroaders Swept in Lincoln - Cleburne Railroaders
- Saints Lose Lead Late, Drop into Tie for First with Three Games Left - St. Paul Saints
- Crosby's 4 RBIs Leads Gary to 6-5 Victory and Series Sweep - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Eight-Run Fourth Dooms Wichita - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Closing in on Post-Season Play; Defeat Wichita 12-6 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Dogs to Host Gold Glove Charities Event Benefitting Children Fighting Cancer - Chicago Dogs
- Kansas City T-Bones Baseball Club to Seek New Local Ownership - Kansas City T-Bones
- Collier Heads into the Record Book in 6-0 Win - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Dogs Stories
- Keon Barnum Selected as American Association MVP
- Dogs Drop Season Finale to St. Paul, Finish 59-41
- Victor Roache Earns Third Player of the Week Honor
- Keon Barnum, Victor Roache Named Postseason American Association All-Stars
- Dogs Fall To Saints On Barnum's Historic Night