American Association Game Recaps
August 31, 2018 - American Association (AA) News Release
Kansas City 12, Wichita 6- Box Score
The Kansas City T-Bones widened their lead for the south division wild card with a 12-6 win over the second place Wichita Wingnuts on Friday.
The T-Bones were led by Mason Davis who went 3-for-4 while driving in three and scoring three runs. Adrien Nieto also went 3-for-4 with three RBIs while belting a solo home run.
Kansas City now holds a 3.5 game lead over Wichita.
Winnipeg 11, Fargo-Moorhead 4- Box Score
The Goldeyes managed to score 11 runs on just nine hits.
Josh Mazzola hit his 20th home run of the season while driving in three. Tyler Baker also drove in three for Winnipeg.
Jake Vieth went 3-for-4 while driving in his first two runs of the season for the RedHawks.
Chicago 7, St. Paul 5- Box Score
The St. Paul Saints fell into a tie with the Gary SouthShore RailCats for first place in the north division after a 7-5 loss against the Chicago Dogs on Friday.
The Saints led 5-4 entering the eighth inning, but Kenny Wilson put the Dogs on top with a three-run home run. Dalton Blaser also homered for Chicago.
Burt Reynolds hit his 19th home run of the season for the Saints.
Gary SouthShore 6, Sioux Falls 5- Box Score
The GarySouthShore RailCats moved into a tie for first place in the north division with a 6-5 win over the Sioux Falls Canaries on Friday.
Alex Crosby led the RailCats, going 2-for-4 while driving in four and hitting a home run.
Gary SouthShore is now in a tie with the St. Paul Saints.
Lincoln 4, Cleburne 3- Box Score
The Lincoln Saltdogs edged the Cleburne Railroaders 4-3 on Friday.
Ivan Marin (2 RBIs), Randolph Oduber (1) and Curt Smith (1) all drove in runners for the Saltdogs.
Sioux City 14, Texas 3- Box Score
The Sioux City Explorers score 14 runs on 17 hits to top the Texas AirHogs.
Dean Green, Jay Baum, and Daniel Jackson all homered for Sioux City while driving in two each.
Nate Samson and Blake Schmidt both had three hits.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 31, 2018
- Goldeyes Sweep RedHawks & Dominate in Season Closer at Shaw Park - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs Swept in Sioux City, Head to Texas to Wrap 2018 - Texas AirHogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Saltdogs Rally to Win Home Finale - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Birds Comeback Falls Short in Home Finale - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Explorers Pick up 70th Win of Season - Sioux City Explorers
- Railroaders Swept in Lincoln - Cleburne Railroaders
- Saints Lose Lead Late, Drop into Tie for First with Three Games Left - St. Paul Saints
- Crosby's 4 RBIs Leads Gary to 6-5 Victory and Series Sweep - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Eight-Run Fourth Dooms Wichita - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Closing in on Post-Season Play; Defeat Wichita 12-6 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Dogs to Host Gold Glove Charities Event Benefitting Children Fighting Cancer - Chicago Dogs
- Kansas City T-Bones Baseball Club to Seek New Local Ownership - Kansas City T-Bones
- Collier Heads into the Record Book in 6-0 Win - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.