Dogs Sweep Goldeyes, Win Fifth Straight
FARGO, ND. - The Chicago Dogs piled up seven runs and 11 hits to cap off a three-game road sweep of the first-place Winnipeg Goldeyes. Starter Thomas Dorminy dealt five one-run innings to earn his league-leading fifth win while striking out four. Relievers Paul Schwendel and Harrison Smith then held the Dogs' fifth consecutive win, which pushed the team's record to a season-best 15-13.
Winning Pitcher: LHP Thomas Dorminy
Losing Pitcher: RHP Frank Duncan
Star of the Game: RHP Paul Schwendel. The hard-throwing righty struck out four Goldeyes and didn't yield a single baserunner, keeping the Dogs in the driver's seat down the home stretch.
Who? Chicago Dogs vs. Milwaukee Milkmen, Game One
Where? Franklin Field, Franklin, Wisconsin
When? Friday, 6:35 p.m. CDT
Pitching matchup? RHP J.D. Busfield (Chicago) vs. TBA
Extra Bite: Two-way player Harrison Smith blasted a home run over the left field wall in the sixth inning. In just 54 at-bats, the second-year utility man has racked up five home runs, good for a home run every 10.8 at-bats. Last season, Smith hit two longballs in 116 at-bats.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 6, 2020
- Birds Offense Goes Quiet in Loss at Milwaukee - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Dropped by RedHawks 10-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Complete Sweep of Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- The Diamond Dig Is Back $2200 Faini Diamond Buried in the Infield Saturday August 15 - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Dogs Sweep Goldeyes, Win Fifth Straight - Chicago Dogs
- Sense of Relief as Saints Come from Behind for Second Straight Night in 6-4 Win - St. Paul Saints
- Milkmen Win Game Two Thanks to Massive Blast from Adam Walker - Milwaukee Milkmen
- Dogs Best Goldeyes with Two-Out Hits - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.